Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Re: Old Schoolers Unite

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    How did Linear Power not make the list yet?
    You couldn't GIVE me a Linear Power amplifier, new or old! Well, if you gave it to me, I'd just sell it to a nuthugger for top dollar.

2. Thanks GLN305 thanked for this post
    Likes Rich B, GLN305 liked this post

OldSkull is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Phoenix Gold
    Hafler (Rockford Fosgate)
    Road Warrior (HiFonics)
    US Amps
    Linear Power
    Xtant
    Power Acoustic
    Mmats
    Optimus (Radio Shack)
    Proton
    Blaupunkt
    Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten)
    Arc Audio
    GBL
    JVC
    Kraco
    Kove
    Super Pro (Pyramid)
    JL Audio
    Savard
    Pioneer
    Polk Audio
    Granite (Soundstream)
    Memphis
    Lanzar
    Jensen
    LA Sound
    Sherwood........

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Gosh man, some people don't have any manners! didn't anybody ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? we're just trying to reminisce some good ol' times here, not comparing old and new products! and if that was the case, I can assure you that of the brands still remaining, old stuff were WAAAAY better than the stuff their making these days! (I've sold about 6 new Hifonics amps @ work in the las month, and 3 of them came back.... I,m still using my Boltar VII from 20 years ago and never had problems!)

Keep on smoking that pipe buddy! If what you are on is legal, I want some of it!

TaylorFade is online now I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

I wax nostalgic about the old school all the time. I think USACi ought to go bakc to Flashdance format. It's such a bastardization of what it used to be when install and SQ were 2/3 of your score at shows. SPL was just one component. It's all 65hz buzzing now.

I hear rumors of an old school organization forming. You might want to track down some goodies and dust off those install chops.

When I got back into CA a few years ago, my plan was to go all old school. It really saddened me how quickly I discovered that the old school just can't keep up with new school gear. But I'll be damned if you catch me running anything newer than 15 years old on my highs though. Zapco and LP for life!

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

TaylorFade is online now I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    You couldn't GIVE me a Linear Power amplifier, new or old! Well, if you gave it to me, I'd just sell it to a nuthugger for top dollar.
    That's good. Because you couldn't TAKE it from me if you tried!!! My cold dead fingers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    no kidding?thats pretty awsome. was some great speakers/real chest pounders ill tell ya..i need come by one day if you are in metroplex area.nice thread here by the way
    Appreciate it my man! No Joke, just facts! I'ma let you in on a secret... A&B Electronics. Jefferson ave. Oak Cliff.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Keep on smoking that pipe buddy! If what you are on is legal, I want some of it!
    And Whats that your smoking? Isn't that supposed to make you mellow? I guess we are always gonna have a hater in every thread....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

That's good. Because you couldn't TAKE it from me if you tried!!! My cold dead fingers!!!!

If I would have only known that someone else in Louisiana would have been interested in my Linear Power collection.... A dude in Japan purchased my DPS500, DPSQ50, and 2.2 HV for top, and I mean TOP dollar in 2009. I'm talking $1,500 for the DPS amplifiers and $1k for the 2.2 HV PLUS shipping! IIRC, I sold my LP150 for $600. Come to think of it, I need to find more Linear Power amplifiers that I can pick up for next to nothing so I can resell them,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

And Whats that your smoking? Isn't that supposed to make you mellow? I guess we are always gonna have a hater in every thread....
    When I first re-entered this hobby again in 2007, I had the mindset that older was better. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong!

Then again, through personal experience/trials and tribulations, etc. I have since come to the dramatic realization that the automobile is one of the absolute worst environments to reproduce audio in. While newer technology helps with some of the limitations of the vehicle itself, it is still far and I mean VERY FAR from perfect.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I wax nostalgic about the old school all the time. I think USACi ought to go bakc to Flashdance format. It's such a bastardization of what it used to be when install and SQ were 2/3 of your score at shows. SPL was just one component. It's all 65hz buzzing now.

I hear rumors of an old school organization forming. You might want to track down some goodies and dust off those install chops.

When I got back into CA a few years ago, my plan was to go all old school. It really saddened me how quickly I discovered that the old school just can't keep up with new school gear. But I'll be damned if you catch me running anything newer than 15 years old on my highs though. Zapco and LP for life!
    Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days... http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...20Audio/14.jpg http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...20Audio/12.jpg
    Last edited by OldSkull; 05-01-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

When I first re-entered this hobby again in 2007, I had the mindset that older was better. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong!

Then again, through personal experience/trials and tribulations, etc. I have since come to the dramatic realization that the automobile is one of the absolute worst environments to reproduce audio in. While newer technology helps with some of the limitations of the vehicle itself, it is still far and I mean VERY FAR from perfect.
    Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days...
    OK deal, what old school amp that is not a cheater amp from yesteryear would you like to compare to one of my modern Lunar Amplifiers? Unfortunately, the lowest powered one I own is the L60x2. I never saw the need to replace that one with a L255. My only complaint about Lunar is the fact that they are tall and I may end up running a pair of JL Audio HD 900/5s instead when I finally get around to my install.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

OK deal, what old school amp that is not a cheater amp from yesteryear would you like to compare to one of my modern Lunar Amplifiers? Unfortunately, the lowest powered one I own is the L60x2. I never saw the need to replace that one with a L255. My only complaint about Lunar is the fact that they are tall and I may end up running a pair of JL Audio HD 900/5s instead when I finally get around to my install.
    Is that the 240 watt rms x 1? the 1 that can't take a 2 ohm mono load? I wonder why it has a fan if it is only 240 watts.... But remember, we're not tying to compare anything on this thread.....

CRSO is offline Jersey Trash Collecktah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Hello car audio fellas, like most of us, I'm an old school C. A. fanatic, specially Zed made stuff, but all I hear in the O. S. forums is talk about Orions, PPIs, Soundtreams, Zed, and US Amps. I've been in this business since 86, and I think we should pay some respect to other manufactures that paved the way for this phenomenon that it is today... All I'm asking is to help me mention some names so we don't forget about them! (U see, my memory is not as good as it was 25 years ago) . Anyway, here are some brands that I recall, some help please.....

Audiovox
    Altec Lansing
    Avalanche
    Blade Technologies
    Carver
    Fuji
    Fultron
    Craig
    Denon
    American HiFi
    Advent
    Deltasonic
    Petras
    Sanyo
    Legacy......
    ...................just to start off with
    Craig, hahaha

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

Man, I stay in Mesquite when I'm not at school. Wish I knew there were more audioheads close to home before I left for college!

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast