Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please Help [Car Insurance]

I just installed my system. I wanted to get some type of additional coverage on my car to cover the it. This is because most standard plans I'm told don't cover what we consider a car stereo. I had read in a mag that most car insurance co. have a upgradable dallor value coverage. Like if I said I have $3000 of stuff in my car which in our case is the system. Well after calling my State Farm agent he told me they don't sell such a plan. I asked if home owners covers this stuff and he said no. Well I asked about what dallar amount the standard plan covers and he told me he wasn't sure and for me to call the claims office!!! I told him I have about $2,500 worth of stuff in my car and he said well if it get stolen then if you have recipts and pics we MOST LIKELY would cover MOST of it. I told him I need it ALL covered. He then said when you put a system in IT'S ON YOU. Well my question is how can it get additional coverage? Who do you guys/girls use? Is there an outside co. that covers theft/fire? I know someone has to cover this.. This is making me nerve racked about where my car is parked even with the alarm. Please help..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is such a plan, I was filling out an application online, @ www.progressive.com and they have a line that says if you want additional coverage and how much extra coverage you want. If you decide to stay with the insurance you have, I would get it in writing that the guy said he would cover most of it. It sounds to me like he doesn't want to deal with that b/s, and he's just telling you whatever to make you shut up.

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    State farm has addendum's to policies that allow you to cover up to $5000 in accessories... You'll need ALL valid receipts, and photos of your equipment, down to every last detail...

For what I get, state farm KILLS progressive in terms of insurance rates.. we had progressive quote us, and they were about 90% higher than what we pay right now...

MxRacerCam is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have state farm, with no such riders or addendums, and my stuff was jacked three months ago. they covered all of it (over $2,500) and i had no reciepts or pictures. they took my word, checked out my truck, and after a little conversation (they weren't happy about the lack of reciepts or pics) i recieved a check. all in all, i am really happy with my experience. the only thing that was not covered were my cd's (over 200 of them!) which ****** ***. now i take them in and out with me every night. of course, i've taken pics and video of my system now

95 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab
    S.Q. System....

Clarion DXZ-716
    Boston Pro 6.5
    JL 300/4
    2) JL 10W3
    JL 500/1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well actually progressive has a better price than state farm quoted me. State Farm has also raised the rates on my dad's policy 3 times in the last 6 months, no one has gotten tickets or wrecks that is on the policy. At first they tried to lie and say the rates weren't higher, then they said they didn't know why. So my dad said cut the crap, I'm not renewing the policy. For the record I have neither insurance company, and no, I'm not on my dad's policy either.

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Phatillusion
    Well actually progressive has a better price than state farm quoted me. State Farm has also raised the rates on my dad's policy 3 times in the last 6 months, no one has gotten tickets or wrecks that is on the policy. At first they tried to lie and say the rates weren't higher, then they said they didn't know why. So my dad said cut the crap, I'm not renewing the policy. For the record I have neither insurance company, and no, I'm not on my dad's policy either.
    You know, I start to wonder if it varies by representative.. because I got quoted online at state farm when I bought my firebird (be mindful, I'm only 21), and I had two cars under my name already... when I added this third (all with full coverage) I was quoted online for about 90 per month.. I sent it to my representative, and he came back with 53/month... They (as reps) must have the ability to pull that figure down/up a little, because that sure seemed to happen in my case.

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <-----Wishing I could get by for $53, hell- even $90 a month for my two cars. he he

Through progressive, I am at about $135.00/mo for both cars - full coverage. This, and I am 23 years old.

Obviously, that is due to my past driving habbits however, so I have to accept it.

I do know that progressive will offer $1000 of additional "aftermarket" coverage for about $1.00 extra per month. Reciepts are a must. Pics are reccomended. Without this extra coverage, if something happens reciepts will do little good. I will say from experience that Progressive is pretty good about working with you even if you do not have the added coverage. That is to a limit however.....

I have been with them for about 2 years now and have had two major claims settled with them. Everything went very smoothly and the representatives were quite helpful along the way.

I really have nothing but good to say about Progressive, they are definately worth looking into.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Zane, you don't have it bad at all, I am 21, my wife 22, we have full coverage on one car and the basics on the other. We pay 210 a month, and that was the cheapest we could find. We were paying 240 with Geico. You don't have it that bad. I had a wreck over 3 years ago, but other than that neither of us have ever gotten a ticket.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    yea you would think that since your married your insurance rate would be lower....but wait till your 25 it should drop considerbly then....here i am 20 and married w/ one ticket on my record w/ 2 cars and im paying aprox 230 a month one each car......and thats for liability.....now i think that is kinda crappy.....the ticket i got was because i came to a rolling stop at a stop sign on an old country dirt road.....the highway patroll that gave me the ticke lives right next door to me....kinda pissed me off....

gator4thehaters is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It depends on the inspector/appraisor how and what they will cover when they assess your damages. I had one representative tell me that my chevy silverado that was broken into would only be fixed to factory standards. I talked to another rep, at the same company(Farm Bureau) and he said he'd send an appraisor out to look at it. The appraisor asked me what all was missing and i told him. I had 2000.00 worth of stuff missing but only had receipts for about 1600.00. He cut me a check for 2300.00 with 300.00 for missed work days that i didn't even mention. If u get a hardass that loves his job and does everything by the book it might not be as pleasant of an experience as mine though.

Live life 2 the full cuz u only live once!

Closed Thread

User Tag List