Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Lack of balance between front components and rear 6x9's. Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Lack of balance between front components and rear 6x9's. Suggestions?

Power: RF Power 851x highs, RF Power 1001bd lows.
    Deck: Alpine CDA 9805
    Speakers: Lows - 2 Audiobahn Natural Sound 12's, DVC
    Highs/Mids - Audiobahn ABC 600T components, front
    Audiobahn 6x9's rear
    Highs all run 4 ohm stereo.

Problem: Having trouble getting front components to keep up with rear 6x9's. Crossovers for front/rear set at 140. highs at deck set flat, 12.5k, (dropping to 10k seems to put out too much hiss) bass flat, freq set at 100, bass eq set to 4

My problem is that I can't get even sound up front from the component set. Rear 6x9's set at lowest gain setting at amp still overide front components set at 1/3 gain. Cranking the gain on the front much higer, and the tweets start to distort. I know those components can take a hell of alot more power than the 6x9's, but like i said, cranking the gains up on the components to the point where they seem to be able to keep up with the rear, and the tweets start to hiss and distort. Looking for some advice on how to alieviate this problem. Diffrent crossover settings at amp? higher treble settings at deck? Thanx:P

Pl8er is offline Can you solve it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Lack of balance between front components and rear 6x9's. Suggestions?

Well right now I have 5 1/4's in my front and 6X9 kappas in the back. I'm running them off of a PPI 65X4. I have all gains the same but I have my fade more to the front. From what I have learned from this site the next time I buy a system I will go with high end front componenets and leave the back empty. Most of the people I have talked to seem to think this sounds better. A few have won competitions like this as well. Maybe you could look at selling the 6X9's and getting higher grade fronts?

Just my .02 cents

NEVER buy from Dealer Cost Car Audio, ask me why

Rainbow SLC+Tru 4.65 + RF 3sixty.2 = yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan View Post
    Draw away. It has already been proven with math that you are wrong. I believe math is > paint last time I checked.
    "5 midgets spanking a naked man covered in thousand island dressing, is this love too?"

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull187 View Post
    FYI the blue wire was connected to something else. I know it was put in right b/c the guys at Circuit City put it in.
    "We never underestimate, the destructive power of change."

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lack of balance between front components and rear 6x9's. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pl8er
    Well right now I have 5 1/4's in my front and 6X9 kappas in the back. I'm running them off of a PPI 65X4. I have all gains the same but I have my fade more to the front. From what I have learned from this site the next time I buy a system I will go with high end front componenets and leave the back empty. Most of the people I have talked to seem to think this sounds better. A few have won competitions like this as well. Maybe you could look at selling the 6X9's and getting higher grade fronts?

Just my .02 cents
    Thats a very good suggestion....I don't have rears at all myself. I will offer this one suggestion that you could try right now though: Are your rear speakers (6x9s) in stereo? If they are then wire the two together in series(mono). This will quiet them down quite a bit and take alot if not ALL the highs out. If they already are in series then I would suggest removing them.

Adam

Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

Closed Thread