Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help planning the front stage for a 2000 Mustang Coupe

JayDolla513 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help planning the front stage for a 2000 Mustang Coupe

so I got the trunk ready (2 JL w6s and a PDX12 alpine)... Now for the front. So got 6x8s in the door and the same in the rear deck. It has that Mach 460 system so it has those pods up by the mirrors which Im thinkin to put the tweeters with some minor customization.

Now what Im lookin for is good clear sound quality... am I trying to enter SQ comps, no. I jus want to have a sound system that makes listenin to music fun and be able to hear the lil things in tracks the normal audio player doesnt get right with some soundstage to it.

So Im starting from scratch and lookin for opinions on how to get this **** around where I want it and I need advice on everything (processors if needed, speakers, EQ...etc) only limitation is IM NOT lookin to buy the high end $300 plus components or $1000 amps sooo help a OG get back in the game

And Sound Dampening throughout the car is a given so no need for that...

Things I'v e got qustions on are....

Do I need to put anything in the rear deck like a full range 6x9 or should I leave them empty and jus use a component set for a small coupe like my car?

What wattage area should I stick around? I want to be loud but not screamin.

What are some good SQ amp & speaker companies these days?

jsluss17 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Re: Need help planning the front stage for a 2000 Mustang Coupe

with the mach system you'll need to do a lotta stuff to be able to put aftermarket speakers and amps in. not really sure what they are i've just heard its a pain in the scrotum to do

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsluss17 View Post
    with the mach system you'll need to do a lotta stuff to be able to put aftermarket speakers and amps in. not really sure what they are i've just heard its a pain in the scrotum to do
    nah they jus got 6x8's in the door so if I do 6.5s lets say I can jus buy adapters for that and I opened up the pods and its a small coax speaker with two screws on each side of it. small bit of plastic fab and its done... buddy of mine runs a car audio shop been around for years and he said he would charge me $35 if i give him the tweeters to make them fit right back in, said hes done it in 6 or 7 mustangs like mine.

jsluss17 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

i meant as in you need to bypass some kinda thing i'm not really completely sure it's not like a normal system install though

sam_b03 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

What is your budget for speakers? CDT, Focal, Hertz, and Rainbow come to mind for some nice sq components. Woofersetc.com come has a pretty good deal on Image Dynamics 6.5 components for 159.99. I hear good things about Massive Audio being a decent budget set that gets loud. I have had good luck with MB Quart amps they are a good budget amp that does what they are rated for. If money is not a problem look at Adison.

CDT 642 powered by Clarion Apx 4360
    SA-12 powered by MB Quart ONYX1500.1

Morals is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsluss17 View Post
    Very easy, take out old speaker dremmel a tad, bam your done.

My son has a 2000 V6 coupe. We bought the pods on ebay for 20 bucks. Installed a Alpine type R component set, runs off a sundown 100.4 and sounds great.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sold to
    mcsoul
    Bought from
    Beerdrnkr, Hebrew Hammer

System
    DRZ9255
    HYBRID L1 PRO (LP 952)
    ID OEM 6.5 (LP 2202IQ)
    SPG 555 (LP 2.2HV)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sam_b03 View Post
    What is your budget for speakers? CDT, Focal, Hertz, and Rainbow come to mind for some nice sq components. Woofersetc.com come has a pretty good deal on Image Dynamics 6.5 components for 159.99. I hear good things about Massive Audio being a decent budget set that gets loud. I have had good luck with MB Quart amps they are a good budget amp that does what they are rated for. If money is not a problem look at Adison.
    I duess you would say mid range is my price area.... lets say a step above entry level stuff

sam_b03 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I think for the money it is hard to beat the ID's. I have heard mixed review on the lower end CDT's. That are priced for mid range.

CDT 642 powered by Clarion Apx 4360
    SA-12 powered by MB Quart ONYX1500.1

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

I think most of us agree the best SQ speaker comp for $200 is HAT Imagine I61-2.

I prefer flexibility in my amps, i.e. crossovers that can run active. Used is the best value.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    I think most of us agree the best SQ speaker comp for $200 is HAT Imagine I61-2.

I prefer flexibility in my amps, i.e. crossovers that can run active. Used is the best value.
    so should I go with one set of components or put some midbass in the rear deck too.....or instead of the rear deck put them in the kick panels

kramer_212 is offline Music-Expression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

personally if you are after sq, while staying within a budget, i would at least consider getting the matching alpine f4 amplifier (very efficent and has great sq).

the type r comp idea seems really good, they are fairly inexpensive, and have even better reviews. (especially the new ones).

didn't see anything about what hu you plan on using, this is where you shouldn't cheap out because it really is the brains of your system.

Closed Thread