Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Finding A Good Career in the Audio Feild??

legaspi89 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Icon6 Finding A Good Career in the Audio Feild??

My names Robert. Just registered on this forum. I have been fascinated with car stereos ever since I first had my system installed. I've been studying electrical at school and in the future, I want to be able to work around audio systems. Went to ITT to see what they had to offer and they said they don't really focus too much on automotive electrical. So my question is where can I find a successful career or a job that pays really well primarily working around audio equipment??
    Would really appreciate the feedback.

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Re: Finding A Good Career in the Audio Feild??

Good luck.. the only way to make great money on audio that I know of would be starting your own business and wait a few years for things to pick up.. The audio business for money is like others.. its not what you know its who.. If you know someone that can get you an in at kicker, rockford, jl, jbl, etc etc etc.. that could start things off.. but otherwise there isn't much out there..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

even with your own business you won't make any real money, you may make enough to get by but that's it.

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    even with your own business you won't make any real money, you may make enough to get by but that's it.
    for a bit but not if you get well known and do something unique enough to make money..

you would need the basics.. tint alarm exhaust audio.. maybe even add.. oil changes, a DIY section where people can rent tools for a price and as well as booths.. this would do well in a college area where people living in dorms don't have garages or tools but know how to do stuff.. just an idea..

if you can start and keep up with a company where you start your own brand and can do it right it can make money

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Im not sure what you mean by you cant make real money. I have a small customer base and can make a weeks pay every day.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

yah, i would be doing just that if it payed good enough. you can start with the mecp study guide, and learn from the audio forums, and then look around for job openings. i know up here the main part of the work is in autostarts/security, and audio is pretty much the smaller half of it. if this was the 80's and 90's, i would say that you could do decent working for a manufacturer, but really, most all of that is overseas now. the most of us here are all in it for the hobby, not buisness, but many would like both. just wish it payed good

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

no "massive" amount of money to make, even if you do own your own shop. those of us who do it, don't really do it only for the money... the VAST majority of shop owners (the good ones atleast) do it for the love of the sport.

but yea, like it has already been stated, you can start out with MECP cert, and then look for work at a local shop... your first job at a shop WILL not be glamorous. you will most likely be doing mostly clean up, coffee runs (beer if the shop is really cool), and helping out around the shop. but, this will be the most important time of your career. Use this time to soak up as much info as you can... really is the best way to learn. After a while, the owner (depending on his confidence in you) will begin to give you installs here and there, and depending on how well you do, you should progress on the complexity of the installs from there. after working at a shop for a while, you can start thinking about opening up your own shop.... but it's not easy, and DO NOT expect a profit for atleast the first few years.

and remember, this industry can be very cut throat, so just because you do good work, that doesnt mean that your shop will succeed... its a very hard business model to make succeed.

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mast240 View Post
    no "massive" amount of money to make, even if you do own your own shop. those of us who do it, don't really do it only for the money... the VAST majority of shop owners (the good ones atleast) do it for the love of the sport.

but yea, like it has already been stated, you can start out with MECP cert, and then look for work at a local shop... your first job at a shop WILL not be glamorous. you will most likely be doing mostly clean up, coffee runs (beer if the shop is really cool), and helping out around the shop. but, this will be the most important time of your career. Use this time to soak up as much info as you can... really is the best way to learn. After a while, the owner (depending on his confidence in you) will begin to give you installs here and there, and depending on how well you do, you should progress on the complexity of the installs from there. after working at a shop for a while, you can start thinking about opening up your own shop.... but it's not easy, and DO NOT expect a profit for atleast the first few years.

and remember, this industry can be very cut throat, so just because you do good work, that doesnt mean that your shop will succeed... its a very hard business model to make succeed.
    look some one who knows what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Waffle View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by you cant make real money. I have a small customer base and can make a weeks pay every day.
    yeah it it's pretty easy to match your check when you only make $100 a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

been doin it for almost 15 years now bro... did my share ( and probably 4 other shares) of sweeping ALL day long

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

build something incredible and sell it for uber amounts and make it a forum boner and then you haz moniez in the audio field

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

yeah it it's pretty easy to match your check when you only make $100 a week.
    Yea, thats kind of like when you step an inch forward its like walking farther than your **** is long.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by legaspi89 View Post
    My names Robert. Just registered on this forum. I have been fascinated with car stereos ever since I first had my system installed. I've been studying electrical at school and in the future, I want to be able to work around audio systems. Went to ITT to see what they had to offer and they said they don't really focus too much on automotive electrical. So my question is where can I find a successful career or a job that pays really well primarily working around audio equipment??
    Would really appreciate the feedback.

Try to find a reliable amp repair person that gets a day off or takes a vacation. If you can learn electronics repair it pays very well and there are way more broken amps out there than competent shops to repair them.

pickup1 is online now Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    688 Post(s)

Get into electrical engineering,or computers...guy was here the other day making over 35 bucks an hr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    Get into electrical engineering,or computers...guy was here the other day making over 35 bucks an hr.
    depends on if he enjoys it or not... i make more than that at my day job, but the whole reason for having my shop on the side, is because it's what I enjoy.

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    456 Post(s)

You can go to UTI and get a good job in the automotive industry. Then just let the people you interact/work with that you do installs/builds as well as whatever you decided to go with at UTI

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH - CDT HD61s on kenwood 150x2 - SQ1200 on HDS312
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List