Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

I think it will be very hard to top DD for 6.5'' subs

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    Your playing all frequencies with 2 type r 10's and your ONLY at high 140's. Sounds to me like you should be pretty happy with that.
    if it was low 150's I probably would be but high 140's and 2 10's is nothing to brag about.

SPLluminator is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    I think it will be very hard to top DD for 6.5'' subs

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

if it was low 150's I probably would be but high 140's and 2 10's is nothing to brag about.

Still pretty impressive if its a daily box by any means.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,
    coma_toast, Blackga, spy, LouisianaCRX, Oxsign, etc...

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I have for sale 1.0 cubes tuned to 40hz. The most recent design show on here, I can cut off the battery tray if you wouldnt want it
    I need something a little smaller tuned in the mid 30's

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    I need something a little smaller tuned in the mid 30's
    I can build you one, Just pm me if you want and lmk what criteria you would like me to meet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i did a 134.5 with a sa8 v 1.5 ran off my sundown 100.4 bridged on 2 chan as soon as i get my new amp ill throw more power and see what happens. box is single 3" aero .67 net tuned to 33

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I can build you one, Just pm me if you want and lmk what criteria you would like me to meet.
    I have been just looking for one someone wants to get rid of since I have a custom 8 I havent even used yet?

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    i did a 134.5 with a sa8 v 1.5 ran off my sundown 100.4 bridged on 2 chan as soon as i get my new amp ill throw more power and see what happens. box is single 3" aero .67 net tuned to 33
    I did a drop in 133.3 with my cvl-8 on a JL 250/1. This was with a 3" aero and .75 cubes before sub disp. Sounded great too, tuned at 35hz

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)

6.5s dont play really low freq well

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooops, dble poast

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.facebook.com/v/2970386898241

In case you guys wanted to see the cvl-8 in action. This is tuned at 38 hz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finished the new box for 8" sonance sub. When I run the CVL its a single 4 ohm so rating from the 20.1 is 450 watts, when I run SPLaudios sub the amp is at 1 ohm so rating would be 1800 watts. Now at first I was reaching mechanical limits quickly at about 1/2 volume with SPlaudios 8" in .82 cubes before sub displacement. So I made a smaller box hoping this would help at .6 cubes before displacement. The sub still wont take anything over half power (~900 watts) and its quieter than the cvl and the cvl is getting half the power. The sub efficiency seems to be really low or otherwise im hearing mechanical noise because it wasnt built very well (not sure if its tinsel slap or coil rub but its a very short ting noise on punchy notes and its made the noise since I got the sub). Either way im disappointed in the sub that was built for me. I also asked if there was other options for more power handling or what my options are and he didnt really give me a response previous to ordering. When I let SPL audio know about this sound he instantly said I damaged the spider from over excursion but ive not pushed the sub at all and im always listening for distortion/feeling for heat. Afterwards he told me that the sound was the sub hitting its mechanical limits because the box was too big(reason why I built the smaller box) and that if I wanted a high excursion 8 it would have costed me twice as much but I was never given this option when I asked previously. Not too happy with my experience to say the least .

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

im sure Corey will make things right, he has always taken care of us with everything.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    im sure Corey will make things right, he has always taken care of us with everything.
    I sure hope so, I was expecting a custom sub on 900 rms to be louder than the cvl on 450. Not to mention I expected the sub to take more than 900rms esp. in a box thats around .54 after sub disp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    This...

Western Rep.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I sure hope so, I was expecting a custom sub on 900 rms to be louder than the cvl on 450. Not to mention I expected the sub to take more than 900rms esp. in a box thats around .54 after sub disp.
    but you're not giving it 900rms, unless you gain matched it to 900ish. did you make sure you did that? and wasnt clipping? just asking to eliminate other issues

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast