Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

SPLluminator is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestpenn View Post
    2/3 of 1800wrms is 1200wrms so even if the sub only put out rated (and ur gains were set as you claimed up there) ur giving more than the coil was said to handle not to mention the mech limits of the 12spoke basket. now 2/3 of 2700wrms (power the amp has been clamped to do) is 1800wrms and that's again assuming it is truly 2/3 of rms power (and if u just have the gain set to 2/3 the way up who knows what ur giving). so regardless you gave the sub more than the coil could handle not to mention the mech limits of the basket. that's just by what u said.
    And yet its still quieter than a cvl on 500 watts . Your missing the point bro. Clearly something is still not right. I thought you were passed the nuthugging?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,
    coma_toast, Blackga, spy, LouisianaCRX, Oxsign, etc...

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    And yet its still quieter than a cvl on 500 watts . Your missing the point bro. Clearly something is still not right. I thought you were passed the nuthugging?
    have you metered it yet?

often times metered loudness is much different than perceived loudness.

not trying to be a pain just wondering.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I havent even put the sub in on the termlab yet. So yes I should do that. but still, theres a LARGE difference and its the opposite way you would think.

Regardless the sub didnt meet expectations. I started a paypal dispute as SPLaudio has yet to offer me a good solution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

and this is why the car audio scene is dissolving....

pp disputes are for when u don't receive a product, don't receive the right product, or receive a damaged product. looks like u got everything u wanted and don't know how to use it, just sayin.

carry on

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

5. Thanks BrownVanMan, RangerDangerV2, n8skow thanked for this post
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)

i offererd options better than anybody else did.

you really have mental problems to file a pp dispute,lmfao.

now people see how you really are...

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Lol wow this is sad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)

yea really sad...

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    I havent even put the sub in on the termlab yet. So yes I should do that. but still, theres a LARGE difference and its the opposite way you would think.

Regardless the sub didnt meet expectations. I started a paypal dispute as SPLaudio has yet to offer me a good solution.
    even though he already said exactly how he would take care of you.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He has yet to offer to build me the sub I had originally wanted. I wanted a sub to handle 1000rms+ and I was expecting a high excursion 8" sub. Instead I got a sub that has less than 1" of excursion and has mechanical noise (the cvl has more excursion than this by quite a bit). You tell me who got the short end of the stick... I am more than happy to come to a compromise but since one has not been agreed on I opened a paypal dispute as backup as im running out of time and its been almost a month since ive sent money and I have yet to receive a pm from splaudio regarding a solution. And yes I have tons of feedback and yes im a good guy so people who dont know the situation your best bet is to stay out of it. Im trying to be reasonable here.

PS: the paypal dispute says that the item did not come as expected, which is entirely true in this case. I did not open a dispute saying that I didnt receive the product as I did. However it did not meet the standards it was supposed to be built to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    even though he already said exactly how he would take care of you.
    Which is charge me for another recone lol. If he built me a 8" sub that met the standards I had given him, id gladly pay him cost minus the new basket. But he instead said hes going to build me the same sub. Im more upset with the fact that I have YET to receive a PM from him. So clearly people can see how he handles business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill give you 24 hours splaudio to contact me via pm or email (Mikedwentworth@gmail.com). Ill gladly come to a compromise by all means. Otherwise ill ship you the sub back and take my money. You can keep the motor since clearly the soft parts you used would be useless without it and ill eat the cost of the motor :/. I really am trying to be reasonable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

the_garynator is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So out of curiosity, why didn't you just go with a well established sub (not to be a ****) like an SA-8 or DD 1508? While (from what some testers have told me) the SA-8 may not handle more than 600-700wrms out of the box without a recone, both of those subs are known to perform at tremendous levels, and don't really cost more than $200 each (assuming you get a recone on the SA-8 with upgraded parts for about $60-70).

Also would like to say, interesting thread, I like to see people screwin' around with 8s. Also, thread would be much better with pix

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_garynator View Post
    So out of curiosity, why didn't you just go with a well established sub (not to be a ****) like an SA-8 or DD 1508? While (from what some testers have told me) the SA-8 may not handle more than 600-700wrms out of the box without a recone, both of those subs are known to perform at tremendous levels, and don't really cost more than $200 each (assuming you get a recone on the SA-8 with upgraded parts for about $60-70).

Also would like to say, interesting thread, I like to see people screwin' around with 8s. Also, thread would be much better with pix
    Everyone knows what they will do so whats the point of testing a sub that there are endless vids of already... Everyone is getting a little sick of Sundown these days honestly... Much better can be made anyway

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)

a sa8 will be louder than the sub i built no question. the sa8 has a stronger motor, the one i built will handle more thermal. i didnt sell,design or recomend the motor used. just asked to make it into a 800rms 8" sub. i have had customers want there audiobahn subs rebuilt i do it.
    if someone wants my recomendations i will give them.

there is still no reason this sub cant knock out a 140dbs...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    a sa8 will be louder than the sub i built no question. the sa8 has a stronger motor, the one i built will handle more thermal. i didnt sell,design or recomend the motor used. just asked to make it into a 800rms 8" sub. i have had customers want there audiobahn subs rebuilt i do it.
    if someone wants my recomendations i will give them.

there is still no reason this sub cant knock out a 140dbs...
    Where is the world are you getting 800rms? I said 100rms and 1800 on burps. No where did I ever say 800rms. Would you pm me already? Im giving you options and you still havent attempted to make things right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast