I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a system. Going in a 2005 Mercedes CLK 500. What do you guys think??? Am I putting together a nice lil' SQ system or will my music sound like Fran Drescher and a Mongolian goat herder in a shouting match????? Here's what I got picked out:
- FD 4150 - ARC Audio 4 Channel 640 Watt Amplifier
- CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System
- FD 600.1 - ARC Audio 1 Channel 620 Watt Amplifier
- ARC12D2 - ARC Audio 12" 700 Watt Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer
- re-Q5 - MTX 5-Channel Bass Restoration Signal Processor
I still need to pick out some sound deadener and do some research on building a sub enclosure, but this is what I'm thinking right now. Going with 2 sets of the ID 6.5's, but may end up only installing 1. On the CLK, both front and rear channels are in the door. I've heard that blocking off the rear opening will give better response to the fronts, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my rear fill. I'll have to test both. The list above totals out right around $1300 so far. So what do you think?? All feedback is welcome!!!