Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer losing power?

If you said both of the subs were moving fine before, then you put the neon tube and one sub isn't moving as much and sounds like crap, common sense says to take it off. If you want blinking lights, turn on your hazards.

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

4. 10-26-2011

Banned

Reason
    disrespectful

Ninesvnsicks is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

The blue neon tubes I had in my old car had a switch on them for ON, Sound Activated, and OFF if I put them on sound activated they would flash to the music.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L Inline 6
    Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X895
    Speakers: 6.5" Boston Acoustics SC65 (Front), 6.5" MB Quart DKD116 (Rear)
    4ch Amp: Alpine mrv-f303
    Sub Amp: AudioQue AQ2200D
    Sub Woofers: None at the moment
    Wiring: Big 3, Radnor #1 welding cable, Kolossus Fleks Kable 8 Gauge (4 ch)
    RCA's: KnuKonceptz KARSS2.6M and KARSS4.6M
    Batteries: Optima YellowTop (Main), XS Power D5100 (2nd)

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

x3/4, yah, i was going to suggest that. in fact, i may have a few old neon converters laying around with the sound circuit built in. the fact that the amp is soo small is the only reason it hasn't ended in disaster already. the amp puts out ac voltage, and higher power= higher voltage. i've seen some of the audio scene down under, and i know you can get some mainstream brands like jbl and phoenix gold, and likely several other good products. one quick reference to look at is the fusing of the amp. not exact, but rule of thumb is 1amp of fusing should be about 10watts, more so with class"d" then "a/b" but lesser brands can display unnecissarily large fusing, but a 1200w amp with a 30a fuse is a dead give-away of mis-leading. always look at rms ratings, not peak/max. don't know what large department stores you have, but we have wal-marts all over, and some others, and there is where you usually find the cheap neons, which mostly have the sound mode already. feed it 12v, and do not hook a bunch to your remote wire from the head. if you find you need to run a bunch, and want it to go off the stereo remote turn-on, then run them, and your amp off a relay, that is triggered by the head unit. you say it sounds real good as-is, then i would say simply upping the amp to an appropriate size will make you happy. also, make sure your wire is sufficient for the amp by googling the awg chart and match lenght and current draw. also, not good to exceed your alternator rating either.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

User Tag List