Closed Thread

Reload Thread: best way to mount my box in my hatch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

best way to mount my box in my hatch?

I've got a '95 eclipse GST with a 15" Fosgate sub in the back hatch. It takes up a good portion of the space but it still moves around and I really need to get it mounted somehow. Whats the best way to keep the box from moving around from turns and just general vibrations? I searched but came up w/ nothing useful. Thanks.

Vgs_Hstlr is offline V8's or BUST!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: best way to mount my box in my hatch?

My friend has a 95 talon awdtsi and i told him to do this and he did. I also had my 10s and 15 in my camaro this setup. IT WORKS.
    Depending on the depth of the sub it should aon yours too. Idk the size of your box current. If the sub faces up, measure the width and length of WHOLE trunk area. Get a large peice of whatever board you want to use. On cardboard or posterboard draw out exaclty how your trunk is shaped and molded (widthxlength). Incorporate plastic molding too, unless you took them out. Place the drawn out scale on the wood and trace. Cutout along lines then a whole where you want the sub. Bolt sub in, then screw the peice of wood that was just cut to the rest of the existing box (take off previously cut peice with whole in it. This will only work if the box height does not exceed a specific height. If this is too confusing I can draw it out for and put step by step instructions on how to make it.

Currently searching for any audio equip for sale for a respectable price within a reasonable distance.

Send email at: [email protected]

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

You really want to bolt your box down to your car, for more than one reason.

Reason number 1, safety. In a car accident, there's no telling how that box, or parts of it, might move around inside the vehicle. A box that isn't bolted down can turn a simple fender bender into a verious serious situation.

Reason number 2, performance. No small part of what a subwoofer does, is vibrate our cars and our bodies. When the box is bolted directly to the car, transfer of the low freq vibrations to the car, and ultimately to you, is enhanced. I know what some of you are thinking, but vibration is not bad, only rattles are.

Reason number 3, heck I dunno, 1 & 2 seem good enough to me to want to bolt down my box.

Bolts and nuts, sealed air tight of course, probably work best. 4 sheetmetal screws run through at the proper places, being careful to avoid screwing thru something you dont want like wires or fuel lines, also works.

zerohertz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just use some hinges like shelf hinges and bold one side to the box and the other to the floor of the trunk

Closed Thread