Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine iDA-X305S power issues

I recently bought an Alpine iDA-X305S head unit and have noticed that it doesn't seem to be powering my amp as well as my previous head unit, which is a much older pioneer model that I have had for about 4 years. This confuses me as to why a brand new head unit is giving less power, or not pushing my subs nearly as well as my old unit. The vocal aspect of music seems to be louder and clearer, but the bass is serious lacking, and I'm wondering if this is a common issue or if the unit is just a bad match for this amp. I will be installing a Rockford Fosgate 12" T1 power series sub as well as an Alpine PDX M6 amp within the next month or so, and would like to get this issued resolved if possible. I'm hoping the new amp might fix this, considering both head unit and amp will be newer alpine products, but if any one has suggestions I would love to hear them.
    Thanks yall,
    Tony R.

Germ305 is offline Bannęd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Re: Alpine iDA-X305S power issues

Maybe you need to turn your gain on your amp up because the pre-out voltage is different from your previous deck. My JVC deck only has a 2v Pre out so i need to crank my gains a little high because of it. Never had an issue though.

"You told me God was the answer
    When I ask him for sh*t, I get no answer, so God is the cancer"

3. Thanks trazz0303 thanked for this post
Closed Thread

User Tag List