Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Re: New to car audio need to know if these items work well together

He should have a 160A alternator. His electrical(other than a battery, probably) is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

ColterDC is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    He should have a 160A alternator.
    Good call. I didn't actually look up what his stock alt was, but 160 should work all his stuff fine.

Screw the cap and as long as your battery is in good working order, you don't need a new one. Also the only time you need extra batteries is if you want to run your system with the car off. So if you only plan on playing the stereo with the car running, don't waste your time or money on extra batteries.

As for the amp and sub, if you like them that's all that matter. I'm sure they'll be fine. You could spend the rest of this year collecting opinions on these forums and still not get everyone to agree. People have their preferences. And remember when it comes to subs, it's 30% the sub and 70% enclosure. Meaning, if your buddy does know what he's talking about and builds an enclosure specifically for that sub, then it will be good.

F-250 V10 Crew Cab with 6 inch lift
    Front and Rear Pioneer DVD screens. All stock speakers replaced with Kenwood speakers.
    2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 2 Eclipse amps.

Mustang GT V8
    Pioneer HU. Mach 460 stereo system. 2 MTX 15 inch subs. 1 MA Audio amp.

Mercury Sable
    Pioneer HU. 2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 1 SPL amp.

NewInCarAudio is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok so I'm getting the soundstream amp 2600 turantula. And I'm up for suggestions for a sub. But I really like the Orion hcca 10" 2ohms. So I'm lost as what to get for batterie or capcell. And what Gage of wire kit and brand name. And what kind of rc cable wire kit should I get. Oh and my box we made is a bandpass box. Totally appreciate everyone's addvise.

NewInCarAudio is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks calterdc. So my alternator is good then? Should I get a capacitor at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewInCarAudio View Post
    Ok so I'm getting the soundstream amp 2600 turantula. And I'm up for suggestions for a sub. But I really like the Orion hcca 10" 2ohms. So I'm lost as what to get for batterie or capcell. And what Gage of wire kit and brand name. And what kind of rc cable wire kit should I get. Oh and my box we made is a bandpass box. Totally appreciate everyone's addvise.
    Since you already made a box for the HCCA, just use it. As for the amp kit, WoofersEtc says that your amp calls for 4 gauge, but I don't see how that would work. Look here, and once you figure out what gauge wire, pick it out and buy it. Amp Installation Kits

About the battery/capcell thing, I'd get a battery. As for which brand, and size, everyone has their preferences. Some say XS Power, while some say Deka Intimidator. Others yet say Kinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List