I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma, and I had the stock radio replaced with a JVC kd-r200 because I wanted an AUX jack for my iPod. The JVC stereo works great, but the radio reception is awful, whereas with the stock radio the reception was excellent. I've called around to a few car audio places, including the one that installed the JVC, and so far I've heard the following:
1. Replace stock antennae with a windshield antennae
2. DON'T replace stock antennae with a windshield antennae because they're usually worse
3. match the JVC with an OEM antennae
4. we can't find an OEM antennae for the 2005 Tacoma
5. check for issues in the wiring, etc, but the poor reception coincided with the new stereo, so...
Aside from having the stock radio re-installed and finding another way to play the iPod, is there much else I can do?
Thanks a lot.