Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Reload Thread: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

  1. #1
    brh1400's Avatar
    brh1400 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    I'm somewhat of a newbie to car audio. I finally went down to my local shop to buy my Eclipse head unit, which up until yesterday I figured was going to be the 8443, but I saw that the 8053 was on sale for about a 100 bucks less than the 8443. I am unclear what the difference between the two is (which one is better). If some one could explain the differences to me I would be grateful. In perusing online forums, it seems a lot of people like the 8053 better. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but if anyone with any experience with either of these could lend a few words of advice, I would appreciate it.







  2. #2
    kappa546's Avatar
    kappa546 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    only difference with the two is that 8053 can be balanced to have 16v output. if you erally found the 8053 cheaper go for it.



    -Andres

  3. #3
    havoc06's Avatar
    havoc06 is offline The Juggernaut



    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    VA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    the 8053 is a pre amp only head unit. Meaning that you need a 4 channel for your speakers. It has DSP, DACs blah blah, which basically mean its a bomb *** head unit for sq. I have it and love it. The 8443 is nice too, but the 8053 is the top of hte line. If you find it for less, go for it. It normally retails for 550




  4. #4
    JLCivic's Avatar
    JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    If you can buy the 8053 for $100 LESS than an 8443, I would definitely go for it. That shop is either stupid or insane for pricing it that way.



    2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

    RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

    http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

  5. #5
    JLCivic's Avatar
    JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Quote Originally Posted by kappa546
    only difference with the two is that 8053 can be balanced to have 16v output. if you erally found the 8053 cheaper go for it.
    and the 8053 has no internal power, has a digital in, and a different remote(nob vs credit card remote). The spec sheet also lists the 8053 as having gold plated RCAs if I recall correctly.

    Hell, the guy can put the $100 saved toward an amp anyway



    2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

    RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

    http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

  6. #6
    DJ FURY's Avatar
    DJ FURY is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    The 8443 is a top notch head unit.The 8053 is that much better.If u saw it for a hundred dollars less than the 8443 then why dont u already have it?skip the post and get the radio...




  7. #7
    brh1400's Avatar
    brh1400 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Thanks for the feedback, heading up there tmw right after school. Appreciate it guys.




  8. #8
    makel23's Avatar
    makel23 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Diego,CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    I second that! 8053 is the best deck known to man. Better sound than the F-1 status Alpine. 16v is all I have to say.



    Eclipse805316v
    MB Quart QSD 216
    MB Quart PCE 216
    JL 450/4
    2 JL 500/1
    2 JL 10w7 slot ported each with there own air space
    Alumapro cap5
    Opt blue top
    170amp alt
    all monstercable
    Anyone Interested in the whole system? Make offer
    but please dont insult me. :readytogo

  9. #9
    unrealii's Avatar
    unrealii is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Greetings gentlemen. I have a few questions about the eclipse 8053. I honestly do not know much about them and I didn't even consider eclipse until the guy at al & eds told me they were the best. I originially had my heart set on a pioneer w/ oel display, but I started losing interest as the guy at al& eds told me I should consider an alpine or eclipse if I want good sound quality-which is my priority. I went to good guys and I saw the 8053 hu. They didn't have it hooked up, but I saw the words clearance marked next to a price of $430. I went ahead and bought the last one with the feeling that I have 30 days to change my mind.

    I am partially dissappointed that this hu does not play mp3 without the pricey accessory, but a cd changer would cover for that. Also mp3s tend to have less quality, so I ok using cds or burned cds. Anyone know if this thing supports satelite radio?

    I have a 2001 nissan maxima and these are the left over parts which I took out of my ford taurus which I am selling:
    -mtx 5400x 5 channel amp accepts preamp of 8vrms
    -image dynamics idq10 in a home made sealed box
    -polk audio db3000 tweeters w/crossovers

    Now it seems that all I need to do is find some good midrange speakers. I was thinking of grabbing some old polk audio dx or db 6.5 woofers to compliment the tweeters.

    Sorry for the long post. I know nothing about head units and little about car audio in general, but I am more concerned if I should keep this hu or not. Those color pioneers look mighty tempting, but I like sq




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Violates Miranda
    Posts
    3,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    the pioneer's have good sq. my friend has an alpine 9815 and imo i like the pioneer i have much better because of the display. the alpine has a few features i like but imo it just looks ugly. for $430 you could get the pioneer 9600. id go with that or the eclipse deck you have.




  11. #11
    JLCivic's Avatar
    JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Quote Originally Posted by unrealii
    Greetings gentlemen. I have a few questions about the eclipse 8053. I honestly do not know much about them and I didn't even consider eclipse until the guy at al & eds told me they were the best. I originially had my heart set on a pioneer w/ oel display, but I started losing interest as the guy at al& eds told me I should consider an alpine or eclipse if I want good sound quality-which is my priority. I went to good guys and I saw the 8053 hu. They didn't have it hooked up, but I saw the words clearance marked next to a price of $430. I went ahead and bought the last one with the feeling that I have 30 days to change my mind.

    I am partially dissappointed that this hu does not play mp3 without the pricey accessory, but a cd changer would cover for that. Also mp3s tend to have less quality, so I ok using cds or burned cds. Anyone know if this thing supports satelite radio?

    I have a 2001 nissan maxima and these are the left over parts which I took out of my ford taurus which I am selling:
    -mtx 5400x 5 channel amp accepts preamp of 8vrms
    -image dynamics idq10 in a home made sealed box
    -polk audio db3000 tweeters w/crossovers

    Now it seems that all I need to do is find some good midrange speakers. I was thinking of grabbing some old polk audio dx or db 6.5 woofers to compliment the tweeters.

    Sorry for the long post. I know nothing about head units and little about car audio in general, but I am more concerned if I should keep this hu or not. Those color pioneers look mighty tempting, but I like sq
    Eclipse is aligned with Sirius, but their tuner is not out yet. I run sirius with my cd8053. I use a clarion tuner and a separate controller. It works very well(so well that I am not really in any hurry for the eclipse tuner to be released).



    2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

    RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

    http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

  12. #12
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    well, i'm buying a 3week old 8053 w/ balanced out adapter, box, remote, and all materials for $350 shipped. WOOT WOOT, i'll be getting it sometime next week...can't wait! peace

    NG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  13. #13
    JLCivic's Avatar
    JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13
    well, i'm buying a 3week old 8053 w/ balanced out adapter, box, remote, and all materials for $350 shipped. WOOT WOOT, i'll be getting it sometime next week...can't wait! peace

    NG
    That is an insane deal. Why so cheap? The BLA retails for $100.



    2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

    RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

    http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

  14. #14
    unrealii's Avatar
    unrealii is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    What does the bla do? Will it make a difference in mysetup? Congrats on the deal, ngsm13? I paid $430 new, was that a good price?

    JLCivic, I noticed you have a 8053. How do you like it? Do you see yourself keeping it for several years?




  15. #15
    JLCivic's Avatar
    JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eclipse 8443 v 8053

    Quote Originally Posted by unrealii
    What does the bla do? Will it make a difference in mysetup? Congrats on the deal, ngsm13? I paid $430 new, was that a good price?

    JLCivic, I noticed you have a 8053. How do you like it? Do you see yourself keeping it for several years?

    I love the 8053. I have used many different brands of decks, and I have used 4 eclipse decks. The Eclipses have been my favorites. The 8053 sounds great, set completely flat, and it has not skipped once. I could keep this deck for a long time unless Eclipse comes out with something better that I would prefer(and have the cash).



    2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

    RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

    http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can the eclipse 8443 be bought off internet?
    By green_slip in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
  2. Eclipse 8443....nice deck..what u guys think?
    By DJ FURY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 01:42 AM
  3. Quick question about Eclipse 8443
    By Damiensmunki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:53 PM
  4. Eclipse 8443 HU
    By SPLThunder in forum Head Unit Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
  5. Eclipse 8443 - the 4th pre-out ?
    By xbwfo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum