Ok I recently within the past week purchased a 2010 Kia Forte. I recently had a buick rendezvous with 2x 15s on a measly 1200 watts but now with my new car and job I plan on upgrading.
I am looking for a 3500 up to 7k watt system. I was actually looking at maybe looking at like 2 DDZ12
or maybe just stay in the more 3k watt range with 3 AQHDC12s or 3 FI BTL
My cousin is going to built me a fiberglass box for whatever I end up deciding on either 2 or 3 12s but had a couple questions, these questions will be based on assuming I got with a 7k watt system.
- My car has a sunroof, will this be a problem? Someone from a local audio shop said Id need it to be custom welded down or something like that. is that really neccesary?
- will a 7K watt system cause any internal damaging or will it just flex my paneling. Like I know over a long period of time my panels will start to loosen up how can I prevent this in the best way possible.
- what is the best way possible to build internal support on a fiberglass box to support the flex from 7k watts?
- and what would be the best direction for the subs to be facing, up toward cieling of the trunk, outward away from the main cabin area, or inward toward seating. Mainly based on airflow and sound quality
- Can sound deadener be placed inside my door panels and under my carpeting on the ceiling, and still have a clean stock look yet still have the benefits of sound deadener?
- whats the sound difference in multiple subs like, what is the difference in say 7k watts with 1 12inch DDZ, or 3 AQHDC 12s, like besides making your competition look stupid when you have 1 12 beating on there 2-3 15inch setup but does 1 setup cause more air flow for like hair tricks, is 1 more quality oriented. Like I was in the rockford soundlab i think it was called and it had 10k watts on 12X 15inch subs and certain hard hitting songs made it a bit harder to breathe, it didnt like completely make me lose my breathe but did make a noticable difference when breathing. Was this due to the cone area or just simply the power behind them. like would say 2 15s on 10k watts produced the same effect?
- Generally what is the rule on altenators and batteries. like when buying spare batteries from say kinetik. would 1x "KHC3800, 3800 Watts, 12 Volt" be just enough to handle 3800 watts so foir instance on a 7k system I should grab something like 2x KHC3800 but also 2x KHC2400s + a KHC2000 would suffice since thats 6900 watts + stock battery? and how many or what kind of alternator would be needed to keep up with the voltage draw or whatever from 7k watts.
- Are their any HIGH quality LOC that would be decent enough to run on my stock headunit with such a loud system? I just dont want to have to get custom molding to put in a aftermarket headunit then **** up all the blue tooth and sterring controls.