Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Better set-up (hertz mlk milli series 6.5 or jl c5 series 65.5)?

boomboom23 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Better set-up (hertz mlk milli series 6.5 or jl c5 series 65.5)?

opinions..assume power would be max power to each system of componants

Go2Sleep is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Better set-up (hertz mlk milli series 6.5 or jl c5 series 65.5)?

Hertz mili are hard to beat IMO if you have the money to blow.

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Not really sure how these 2 are being put against each other. The Hertz is far superior. I have not heard them both, but just the build quality alone on the Hertz is quite amazing, not to mention the price difference.

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 12" Sundown ZV3 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imjtnotu

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well I got the JL c5 component set installed last week and just happen to buy these hertz mlk millis today brand new from a friend that had money trouble. I also bought the JL 600/4 amp from him also both brand new in box.

Since the c5's are already installed can I just install the milli components as well since I have an amp to run them? Or would that be to much sound? I own a 370Z pics can be sen here:

Nissan 370Z Forum - boomboom's Album: stereo custom install!

Thank you for any advice. by the way the rear fill speakers are also hertz but they are space6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I would just take out the JL and install the Hertz, if you want to go through the trouble. Dont really think you need to add another set. Plus I am picky so I wouldnt want to mix component sets. Lol. Since you have Hertz rear fill then go ahead and throw those **** Hertz in the front, sell the JL components and amp and call it a day. Or less the JL amp is better than the amp you had... I didnt look at the pics. One sec.

Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Very nice install. Geeez. Money! Haha. Well you have matching amps, so there goes me being picky again. But if you dont mind, switch the amp out too. I think the JL amp would be a slight upgrade. If not, deff switch out the components like I said, I think you will be surprised on how much better they are.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grimy_One View Post
    Very nice install. Geeez. Money! Haha. Well you have matching amps, so there goes me being picky again. But if you dont mind, switch the amp out too. I think the JL amp would be a slight upgrade. If not, deff switch out the components like I said, I think you will be surprised on how much better they are.
    Your a lot like me.lol I like when my stuff matches.I think I am gonna switch out the jl and install the millis.The only thing is though is I am going to have to use the JL amp to run the millis cause the memphis one I have now is only 75rms per speaker and its running all 4.So I will use the JL amp to run the millis at 300rms bridged per speaker and still use the memphis to run the rear hertz bridged at 150rms per speaker.. That make sence? I will just hide the JL amp under the seat so it doesn't mess with the looks of the install.That should be an upgrade for sound for the rear hertz as well as the up grade for the front millis.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The JL amp says its a subwoofer amp? Does this matter? Sorry for the dumb question

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was surprised today when the installer said the millis wouldnt sound much better than the C5's...what the hell is he talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom23 View Post
    Your a lot like me.lol I like when my stuff matches.I think I am gonna switch out the jl and install the millis.The only thing is though is I am going to have to use the JL amp to run the millis cause the memphis one I have now is only 75rms per speaker and its running all 4.So I will use the JL amp to run the millis at 300rms bridged per speaker and still use the memphis to run the rear hertz bridged at 150rms per speaker.. That make sence? I will just hide the JL amp under the seat so it doesn't mess with the looks of the install.That should be an upgrade for sound for the rear hertz as well as the up grade for the front millis.
    I like this idea... Should sound ridiculous. What JL amp is it again? 300/2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom23 View Post
    I was surprised today when the installer said the millis wouldnt sound much better than the C5's...what the hell is he talking about?
    Has he heard both of them?

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Milles will sound a lot better if installed and tuned right. Fact. JL makes great subs and amps. Their speakers? Not so much, unless you're talking about ZR 8" mids.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

i've auditioned the C5 next to the MLK-165 (among dozens of other speakers). i've installed the MLK-165.

JL can't touch the Mille. very few speakers can. it's a reference quality monitor. it's free from distortion and coloration. it's a steal at $850 IMO. I wouldn't install the C5's in my own vehicle (even if free). I'm saving for Mille's.

The Mille's can shake the seats in a Scion when ran off an Audison (a Scion that has just under 200 sf of BXT II and is very, very dead). Before the doors were sealed and for the time the Mille's were ran off the HU (chuckle) they were good, but didn't sound like they were worth the money. Once the Audison came to life, everything changed. Once the doors were sealed - it was jaw dropping good.

will it fit? the Mille is HUGE. you need 3" of depth to make it work. if you have the extra depth available...

me holding it:

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its the JL 600/4 I hope they fit I have a 370z is there any way i can check to see.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Just roll down the window and measure your available depth, including baffle thickness. We added about an inch of depth with the 3/4" MDF baffle and four layers of BXT II and CCF and it just fit.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Closed Thread