Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wanna help design a system for my Crew Cab F 350, come on in!

jimmyducati is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Wanna help design a system for my Crew Cab F 350, come on in!

Hey guys,
    Im new here and havnt messed with car stereos for quite a while, but i just bought a 1996 Crew cab f 350 that needs some new sound, Trouble is i dont know what I need... What I want is a stereo that sounds good, very clear, enough bass to feel, but i dont want to rattle my windows or draw attention. I would like to have a single 10" speaker in a custom center console that will sit between the front seats (dont want anything under the back seat cause i raise the seat up for my dog to lay down on the floor). I am not really interested in cutting up the doors or dash to put speakers where they never were, just good stuff to put in the stock locations plus the one 10" sub. Suggestions on a receiver, amp(s), speakers and whatever else i would need to have a system that isnt over the top, just sounds good with whatever type of music im in the mood for at the moment. The stock speakers are 2 6x8's in the back with 6.5" round speakers in the front doors.... what should i get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wanna help design a system for my Crew Cab F 350, come on in!

What is your budget? That would help narrow it down on what to get.

jimmyducati is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont really know what my budget is going to be, but i don't want to have anymore than $750 in the entire thing (buying used is defiantly an option) . Im not looking for a competition system, or crazy features. just a clean sound with a little bass. i was looking at some boston acoustics speakers for the 6.5's and 6x8's, i have no idea what brand/model would suit my needs for the sub, any suggestions? as for the amp, would a 5 channel amp to power all 5 speakers be better than a 4 channel and a mono for the sub? i need a single din receiver, i don't own a single cd so ill probably go with a media player (no cd player). don't need integrated nav or another way to open my garage door, but bluetooth phone calls and really good connectivity with an iphone would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buying used on here from reputable people is a good idea. I bought new stuff from Amazon & Crutchfield and used from here and from another forum. Also when going to order wire and stuff look at Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables good prices on quality wire. I would look thru the build logs for ideas on what others did in similar trucks and plan accordingly. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread