Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I went and had all new speakers and amp installed today and tweeters are blown!?!?!

nefariousfiend is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went and had all new speakers and amp installed today and tweeters are blown!?!?!

Ok I don't know much about audio anything. I took my 350z in to have front 6.5s and tweeters, aswell as back 6.5s. There was already a JL sub in there and a ****** amp of some sort. Well I wanted rockford fosgate speakers. The salesman sold me on JL due to they are a JL dealer. Looked up some reviews and they seemed decent. So he got me the JL TR650 CSI component set and JL 6.5s for the back and a JL 4 channel amp.

Problem I was having when I went in is couldn't hear the back speakers. Tweeters had horrible distortion (I think they were blown.

So like I said only thing that wasn't replaced was SUB JL 10" W1 I think they said is what I have. So a "two" hour job turned into 4 past there closing time. Well the "tech" in the back were blaring the **** outa the speakers when they were "testing them" So I turn it on when they are done. Sounds decent at first but I hear a little bit of noise comming from the tweeters. I mention it. They said it was just the song. Turned it to another song. Didn't hear it as much. So said fine.

Drive off and notice it is a lot worse than I thought. The tweeters have the same ****** sounds the factories were giving me. So then I pissed. But they are closed and not open until monday. They told me before I left I couldn't blow them unless turning my radio up almost all the way. The highest I've went is 26/50. Also my car is idling funny now. They said it's because they reset the battery. Oh and before I couldn't hear the backs. Now I can't hear the fronts unless I put my ear up to it. They said I needed the four channel so they could tie the 4 6.5s together and two to the amp. So why are the back 6.5s loud as **** and the doors the ones I can't hear now. I don't know what the **** to do. I'm out 625.21 and having the same ******* problem. Except the backs work great and can't really hear the fronts.

Please any and all advise is welcome. Again I know nothing of audio and need everything laid out if you guys don't mind.

Thanks in advance

WhyUmad is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I went and had all new speakers and amp installed today and tweeters are blown!?!

If they are a JL dealer I'm sure they have some type of warranty, take it back and have them make it right.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

and JL tr are pretty crappy atleast get some c2s

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I went and had all new speakers and amp installed today and tweeters are blown!?!

Yes I have a one year warranty. But I'm pissed because I told them my concerns before leaving and they blew it off. I knew I was going to have more problems. But they are suppose to be the best in the area and the most expensive so I took their word for everything I needed. What I'm concerned with the most though is having the same problem I mean within 20 mins I was having a problem. And I know it wasn't me because I had it way lower than what they were doing. I was actually watching when the tech was "testing the new things" It sounded horrible when he turned it up. The other techs in the bay turned and looked and one shook his head the other one said something about blown. The tech who was installing my stuff was all pissed off he was there late even though I was there at 3 and they said two hours. Not my fault that it was 7 before they were done. I believe he took it out on my **** on purpose. When I try adjusting the fade to the front to hear it more instead of the back canceling out the front speakers. It doesn't do anything I put it all the way to fade front and back didn't go down. Still just as loud and front still unheard. Is this because it was all tied together? I don't know exactly what to say when I go in. What do I need so say I want done? Do I need a 6 channel Amp to be able to fade more to the front?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what amp is it? are the back channels paying the sub?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp= Jx360/4
    Back Seakers= TR600CXI
    Front= TR650 CSI
    Sub= 10W1

Not sure what back channels paying the subs mean?

Not really sure I believe what they said they were going to do is use 2ch for all four 6.5s and 2ch for the sub

I won't be able to go back until thurs but I am going to call on monday

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another ques is there any **** tweeters that are like indestructible, or should I just say **** the tweeters and have them disconnected. I haven't had good luck with them helping sound. Only hurting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JL TR are the cheapest speakers JL makes, at least upgrade to some c2 components. You need to call and speak to the boss and tell them the installer blew the speakers and tried to cover it up to get you to leave, which is what happened. Make sure they don't blame it on you, let them know it was never working right and its on them to fix it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I said something to the sales rep. The tech didn't even say anything to me at all. When he was done. He just started packing up to leave. The sales rep (who was really cool and really did all he could to help) said if I have any problems I can come back. If they try to pin this on me I will flip the **** out. I had both sales reps out there with me when it was brought out. I said something to both of them. They said they heard it a little but thought it was just the song. But I am kinda worried about them trying to cover there asses and inventory and saying it was abuse. I've been through that before over a bad oil change with resulted in a blown engine. IDK I guess I'm just venting. Sorry if this seems too bitchy, but that is mostly what it is.

I would gladly up to the c2s but I don't really have the money to spend on it. Every review I saw on the tr650s were good. For it being a small *** car I didn't think I would have to deal with something like this. But I also didn't expect the tech to turn it up that ******* much either...

Closed Thread