Closed Thread

Reload Thread: what do you think!?

tsunami is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you think!?

hey, i'm just looking to get some feedback on my system, i'm going for a SQ setup, non-competition of course...

2 JL 12w3's
    6 1/2" Infinity Kappa 60.5cs components
    6x9" Alpine SPS-690A
    PG Titanium 400.2
    PG Titanium 500.4
    Alpine CDA-7998

all this is sitting in my integra. the only complaint i have is the infinity's...when i crank the volume the highs get waay too high and paper thin even. anyone have any suggestions for replacements, or anything else?

kappa546 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: what do you think!?

ok... for the price of the two w3's u can get much better sound from a single D2, eD A, XXX you name it. im not saying do it but im givin some options. as for spekaers, the kappas are by no means SQ material. harsh hi's, mediocre midrange, and crappy midbass. you can check out some cdt's classics at thezeb.com for $150 or HD's i think are 199, jl XR's on ebay run about 210, i've heard good things about crystals, or build some DIY comps. i would probably go with the JL's off ebay. Ditch the 6x9's in the rear. keep the 400.2 for the components and go with a 600.2 for the sub. get a good EQ and ur set.

-Andres

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kappa546
    ok... for the price of the two w3's u can get much better sound from a single D2, eD A, XXX you name it. im not saying do it but im givin some options. as for spekaers, the kappas are by no means SQ material. harsh hi's, mediocre midrange, and crappy midbass. you can check out some cdt's classics at thezeb.com for $150 or HD's i think are 199, jl XR's on ebay run about 210, i've heard good things about crystals, or build some DIY comps. i would probably go with the JL's off ebay. Ditch the 6x9's in the rear. keep the 400.2 for the components and go with a 600.2 for the sub. get a good EQ and ur set.
    wow, couldn't have sed it better myself. I'd listen to the above comments...as they will greatly help you in making that SQ setup MUCH better. good luck, peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

tsunami is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, thanks for the advice! i enjoy the w3's, and i prolly would've looked around but at the time i was completely ignorant to the world of high end equipment. i'll def. stick with them.

a question about eq's. my alpine deck has a 5 band parametric eq built in - would you add on a seperate eq in addition to this? would that cancel out the decks eq?

i was also looking at some kick *** focal component systems, sounded excellent, whatcha think about those?

kappa546 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

set the HU eq on flat. dont use it to make ur sound "louder", thats what ur amp is there for. i would definetly get a separate eq, you'll appreciate it. have someone help you out with the tuning if your new to it. Focals are great speakers but run pretty expensive. if u wanna go this route, go ahead... or look into the ones i listen. its all ur choice

-Andres

Closed Thread