Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Soundstream Rubicon vs. Cadence Flash Series

Hello all,
    Ok. Here it is. I've been out of the loop for some ten years. Now I need to start from scratch. I've dealt with crapp sound in my Rover for 2 years now. I've been lloking at options for a few weeks. I like the looks of both the Cadence flash and the Soundstream rubicon series. When I say series I mean their 5 channel amp, 6.5"comps, and 10"sub. Would like to put together a system of all one Mfg and all in same series line. These two seem to be the ticket for the budget I'm lookin to stay in. Question now is which is best bang for my buck?

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

Re: Soundstream Rubicon vs. Cadence Flash Series

Why stick with 1 manufacturer? Its not like brands arent interchangeable with other brands. You can often piece together a better system by going with different brands.

Out of the 2 you picked Id go with neither. They are both over rated.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if i had to pick between the two, with out using either, i would go sound stream.

on to more important things. when u limit yourself to 1 brand, ur limiting yourself. therefore u wont get the best sound, or the best setup for your money.

what about ur head unit? its not going to match. u better switch to pioneer or alpine so it all can match...

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

MrBrooks is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have a fairly decent Sony head unit...................which brings up another question. just when did Soundstrem get into the head unit buisness??? are they junk or just another source unit???? Anyway, as for one Mfg....just somthing i have always wanted to do. I guess its a utopian thought that just maybe designers would actually design a series to work all together and sound great.?.?.
    I've had a good sounding system in one form or another since i was 16(now 37) so i'm no rookie. last sytem was a Sony head, soundstream(circia 1998)rubicon 4ch on mid/high duty runnin punch 6x9's and planet audio 4x6's all backed up by a pair of memphis reference 10's in a slot port enclosure runnin off a Bazooka monoblock(better amp than i thought it would be) after the angina bit the dust. That one sounded quite nice. I just don't have the room to give that box any more and there is a factory 6.5 component set in all 4 doors so no need for the 6x9's and i would like to get into a 5channel just for the all in one package and i have the perfect lil nook for a .75cu ft sealed 10.
    i'm not tryin to shake the ground any more. I just want to hear the entire song from top to bottom with some good headroom.
    Last edited by MrBrooks; 03-11-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List