Closed Thread

Reload Thread: My Honda and the stereo that should be... Help me chose the best for my car.

CelicaGuy88 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 My Honda and the stereo that should be... Help me chose the best for my car.

I have a 1989 Honda Accord 4dr LX i am gonna redo my current system, want help on what to get, i want some ok mids and highs, bad *** bass. I was thinkin Either Solox18, or a 13.5 W7, ive got a friend that wants to sell me his W7 and a 1000/1 JL amp, but i was wondering if ill notice to much of a diferance if i got a Solo X instead but still hooked up to the 1000/1, i mean is the SQ any good compared to the W7,? and what should i get for front components? im sure its 6 1/2" well im off to work, so hopefully i get reply when i come home... thanks alot. ill let u know more if u need to

EzekialPhoenix is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Honda and the stereo that should be... Help me chose the best for my car.

I'm pretty surprised nobody has responded yet. The solo x is really an SPL monster that is power hungry. The 1000 watts you would be giving it with the JL Audio would not be anywhere near enough to really get it going. Plus, even if you had 5,000 watts going to it, that speaker is not designed for anything other than getting loud. I think if you care at all about SQ, your best bet is to get the Jl Audio sub and amp combo. Should have plenty of SPL for your needs, and will sound great from what I hear. I know it will sound better than the Solo X.

Qckrun is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Honda and the stereo that should be... Help me chose the best for my car.

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaGuy88
    I have a 1989 Honda Accord 4dr LX i am gonna redo my current system, want help on what to get, i want some ok mids and highs, bad *** bass. I was thinkin Either Solox18, or a 13.5 W7, ive got a friend that wants to sell me his W7 and a 1000/1 JL amp, but i was wondering if ill notice to much of a diferance if i got a Solo X instead but still hooked up to the 1000/1, i mean is the SQ any good compared to the W7,? and what should i get for front components? im sure its 6 1/2" well im off to work, so hopefully i get reply when i come home... thanks alot. ill let u know more if u need to

Just a food for thought.... You cannot put an 18" sub in a Honda without some modifcation to the trunk/back seat area. A friend of mine, fit 2 18 RF in the back of his trunk, took the whole trunk up so u basically cant put anythin in the trunk. Also the SoloX requires ALOT and i mean ALOT of space to make it work. Like the person above said, your going to need alot more than 1kw to make the SoloX move.

Personally, depending on the money situation, I'd buy a RE sub, Adire, eD, or DD. If money isnt a problem get the W7, its one of the best subs. But for the money you can definately get better.

If u need anythin..... im me at Qckrun97 on aim

CelicaGuy88 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well for the solo X, in the owners manual it says sealed for a "Tuner" it reqires 6 cubes, I had a 5.5 cube foot box for my 15 in there, still had enough room for half of my 5.5 again. I know i could build a box to fit that was 6 cubes. I mean im not trying to be arguative, but i know i could build a box to fit in the trunk for a Solo X. Something else with the Solo X, or mabby an example about underpowering, My JBL w15GTi Takes 5000 watts max and 800 RMS, for the first 2 months i had it i had a Pioneer 200 watt 2 channel amp hooked up to it. it worked actualy nice. The Solo X can do 5k RMS and 10K max, still doesnt mean its not gonna pound with a real 1k RMS. I probably will put a Solo X 18 in my Celica with 2 1000/1 JL's just cause its my weekend car. But i do think that in the Honda I am gonna get the 1000/1 JL and the 13.5 W7, Since i do know its a pretty **** good sounding SPeaker. I do love the look of the W7. Anybody know what i should get for Front Speakers? or should i components? if so what kind?

Cantaffrdspeaks is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you want a big expensive fart machine that cost's a fortune to power get solo X. If you want sound quality with lower spl levels that is cheaper to power, go W7. SoloX was built for spl, nothing else.

just got done blowin up some powerbass chrome 12 it was fun

does anyone even remember below 30?

AIM-JAYBLIZZO187

Closed Thread