Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help finding HU (motorized screen)

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need help finding HU (motorized screen)

I really like the Pioneer DEH7500 and the processor for it, and the new Kenwood Excelon (i think its kvt915dvd)and its processor. I have an inquiry in on a panisonic unit someone here has for sell as well (its the 7000 and processor). I really like the first two i mentioned (pioneer and Kenwood), but i may settle on the panisonic, being as its a good price. The features I am looking for is connectibility of a center channel(eventually will add one), touchscreen capability, minimum 3 4v preamps, and i'd prefer a 7 in monitor, and a unit capable of playing vcd's but its not a must. I want the unit that will perform the best for me, plus has easy modifiability(did i just make up a word?) I'd rather not spend over a grand, but up to $1200 max. I am mainly looking for the HU right now, with the intent of later purchasing the processor and centerchannel. I know the pioneer and kenwood will do all of those and then some., don't know about the panisonic. This is going in a 2001 civic coupe btw, if that info is needed. I have looked at thezeb, ikesound, onlinecarstereo, sounddomain, and woofersetc. I know a couple of them match prices, which is another reason i was wondering if any of you knew anywhere to buy them cheaper than any of their prices. again, thanks for the help, and input.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help finding HU (motorized screen)

also, what do you all feel about factory refurb units? i don't know whether or not to trust them, but i do know i can save money going with a factory refurb unit. plus, there's a kenwood factory outlet nearby, so i may contact them for pricing on the units as well.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just checked, and the kvt915 isnt available till summer, so i guess its the kvt911 that i'd be buying now (which has 6.5 in screen) assuming i did buy now. so b/t the kvt911dvd and pioneed 7500 now (and the panisonic as well)

missionpilot is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you can find dvd\hu motorized screens for real cheap on ebay, search for a seller named electronicsoutlet.com - they are all refurbished, but i got my pioneer 740 for $196 shipped from him, and it works great, so i highly recommend him. He also has a real high feedback rating.

Pioneer DEH 740
    1 RE-SE 12"
    Orion 1200D

FS: 2 RE 8"s

Reference(s): mikescanlon | squeak12

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i got the premier deh p740mp (which im assuming you're referring to)for 150, new, not refurb. my guy just can't get these that cheap for me.

Closed Thread