Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can my car handle this?

Hey guys. New poster here. I am thinking of getting that deal on the RE HC's (if still available) and splitting it with my friend so we both have one 12" each. I am also thinking of finally getting a 4 channel amp under 200 bucks for my components and 6x9's and getting a mono or 2 channel amp under 200 for subwoofer. I was leaning towards this 4 channel amp since it fits my budget and its around the rms I am looking for.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1394

Can you guys gimme some advice if that is a good buy or if you know of better for around the same? Also if I can get some suggestions on a good amp for my sub. One more quick Q. What can my '97 civic alternator handle? I am guessing it's prolly around 65 amps or so but how is that converted into wattage to know what I can handle? THanks for you help!

WaTa

ronjon228 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can my car handle this?

Just throwing this out here. If you want to save some money check out the profile ca440. Its 60X4 wrms at 4ohms. It can also do 2 ohms stereo and put out even more power. I currently have one of these in my install and for the money.... Im thoroughly impressed. Its a great amp honestly. It has plenty of power. Its a small amp so it doesn't take up a ton of space. It has easy power, ground, speaker connections. And it looks pretty nice to boot. I get crystal clear audio with no popping, engine noise, alternator whine, etc. All this at under 100 dollars via ebay, what more could you ask for =) Haha, I know this amp isnt the greatest, but it really is a solid option. Just a suggestion, who knows, with the money you save on this option for the 4-channel you could get a nicer sun amp. Can some one say hifonics 1500d... me me!
    Lates
    Ron Jon

- Source Unit -
    Pentium 4 1.8GHz
    Intel mobo w/integrated video
    512MB DDR
    SB Live powered by Kx w/full DSP control
    180GB HD (1x20GB OS, 1x160GB Media)

- Audio Hardware -
    Front stage: PG RSD 65cs Comps @ 80Hz - 24db slope (HP), drivers in the door, tweets in the sails
    Sub stage: Pioneer 12" 305DVC @ 80Hz - 24db slope (LP), sealed ~ 1.5 cube (net) in the trunk
    Comp amp: PPI Sedona APA630IX
    Sub amp: Alpine MRP-M500

davidfre21 is offline Is just a lil racist...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon228
    Just throwing this out here. If you want to save some money check out the profile ca440. Its 60X4 wrms at 4ohms. It can also do 2 ohms stereo and put out even more power. I currently have one of these in my install and for the money.... Im thoroughly impressed. Its a great amp honestly. It has plenty of power. Its a small amp so it doesn't take up a ton of space. It has easy power, ground, speaker connections. And it looks pretty nice to boot. I get crystal clear audio with no popping, engine noise, alternator whine, etc. All this at under 100 dollars via ebay, what more could you ask for =) Haha, I know this amp isnt the greatest, but it really is a solid option. Just a suggestion, who knows, with the money you save on this option for the 4-channel you could get a nicer sun amp. Can some one say hifonics 1500d... me me!
    Lates
    Ron Jon
    stole the words out my mouth with the profile

IA FTW!!!
    Team Sundown... what?

ronjon228 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats what Im here for Also, Im glad your satisfied as well. Makes me feel good when I pay 80 bucks for an amp and get everything I wanted out of it.

- Source Unit -
    Pentium 4 1.8GHz
    Intel mobo w/integrated video
    512MB DDR
    SB Live powered by Kx w/full DSP control
    180GB HD (1x20GB OS, 1x160GB Media)

- Audio Hardware -
    Front stage: PG RSD 65cs Comps @ 80Hz - 24db slope (HP), drivers in the door, tweets in the sails
    Sub stage: Pioneer 12" 305DVC @ 80Hz - 24db slope (LP), sealed ~ 1.5 cube (net) in the trunk
    Comp amp: PPI Sedona APA630IX
    Sub amp: Alpine MRP-M500

wata111 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a lot for the info =). Seems like a great buy.

- WaTa

Closed Thread