Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1- ideas on how to seal off rear window?

tristanmay is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Icon32 2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1- ideas on how to seal off rear window?

i have 2 solo x 18's off an AB 1000.1 in an 02 escalade, tuned to 27. sub up port back

ill have to post up pics of how its set up but the escalade's a 2 seater

well anyways im having a problem with MAJOR pressure escaping out the rear window on the hatch
    (it lifts up on its own like other large suv's)

i need some ideas on how to keep this thing from flexin!?

tristanmay is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1- ideas on how to seal off rear window?

well i dont have any pics of the box on this computer, ill get some tomorrow hopefully

but heres some of the amp rack and batterys =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1-  ideas on how to seal off rear window?-escalade.jpg   2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1-  ideas on how to seal off rear window?-escalade2.jpg   2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1-  ideas on how to seal off rear window?-45113_421318397646_615987646_4971609_4462574_n.jpg  

psychoacoustics is offline hammer and the evil one psychoacoustics is a Supporting Member of the forum!

psychoacoustics is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: 2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1- ideas on how to seal off rear window?

port up sub up?

have a fat friend follow you around to lean on the car really cool like?

take out the glass weld sheet metal in its place?

nice amp btw where ya get that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psychoacoustics View Post
    port up sub up?

have a fat friend follow you around to lean on the car really cool like?

take out the glass weld sheet metal in its place?

nice amp btw where ya get that?
    Only do option 2 if you have more money than sense.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tristanmay View Post
    i have 2 solo x 18's off an AB 1000.1 in an 02 escalade, tuned to 27. sub up port back

ill have to post up pics of how its set up but the escalade's a 2 seater

well anyways im having a problem with MAJOR pressure escaping out the rear window on the hatch
    (it lifts up on its own like other large suv's)

i need some ideas on how to keep this thing from flexin!?
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a competiton vehicle is it?

Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mr slate where the hell have u been?

gtbike900 is offline 1loudyukonxl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is why my yukon and tahoe have barn doors

4 18 inch d2 ia wardens at 1 ohm strapped
    on 8 saz2500ds
    20.0 cube box tuned to 34.6 htz
    2 350 amps dr44s externaly reg big 3
    10 runs of 1/0 21 kinetik 16 v
    front stage o2 audio 605ndpro in each door
    rear o2 audio 605ndpro in each door an 4 10 inch o2 10promids in sealed boxes
    sax100.4 and sax125.2 sax200.4 100 sq feet od 80 mil deading and 20 cans expanding foam adding more later
    current termlab score 158.1 at 37hrz on 19580 clamped on my wardens now i need recones

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Replace with plexi and bolt it in

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

massivespl is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i have 2 solo x 18's in my tahoe ran off a t40001bd and although my back window flex's but i dont mind. as long as your not doing Comps you should be fine or just try sub up port up. i have sub up port back. and my port is about 6-8 inches away from my doors. i have a 11c foot box tuned to 35htz. and it seems to work great. how do you like your box tuned to 27htz? i had mine tuned to 32 and didnt really like it so built a new box tuned to 35htz and its louder on the high notes and still hits the lows well. does pretty good on everyday music.

kmanian is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

OP do you use the window (actively open and close it)? If nor get som 3m double sided trim tape, and put it on the weather stripping first, then close the window. problem solved. when you sell the car, you will need to replace the weather strip.

Mine is bigger than yours!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    i have 2 solo x 18's in my tahoe ran off a t40001bd and although my back window flex's but i dont mind. as long as your not doing Comps you should be fine or just try sub up port up. i have sub up port back. and my port is about 6-8 inches away from my doors. i have a 11c foot box tuned to 35htz. and it seems to work great. how do you like your box tuned to 27htz? i had mine tuned to 32 and didnt really like it so built a new box tuned to 35htz and its louder on the high notes and still hits the lows well. does pretty good on everyday music.
    Tuning freq needs change dramatically from the 04 to 07 versions. 27Hz tunes for musicality in 10net, you should have massive gain around the 35-37Hz range and a large dip above there. The Fs is low 20's and Qts is around .3 @ rest on black, .25 on silver. 6.2 Vas or so and 91 1w/1m. Tuned that high there wont be alot of force from displacement of the ports beating your door, combined with the lack of power you mentioned, your tactile feel/Air displacement is prob around 25% of tristanmay's. Sure you get plenty loud with their efficiency though! @ 5K per they really come to life.

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

psychoacoustics is offline hammer and the evil one psychoacoustics is a Supporting Member of the forum!

psychoacoustics is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    Replace with plexi and bolt it in
    thats what i said

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    OP do you use the window (actively open and close it)? If nor get som 3m double sided trim tape, and put it on the weather stripping first, then close the window. problem solved. when you sell the car, you will need to replace the weather strip.
    Won't work.

Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    You guys are underestimating this system. Should music a 153 @ 26

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

oh dear... seems I get out of audio a few months and come back and tristan is still working on this setup :P
    Glad to see you got it in man..
    I'm not sure on how to advise you with the window problem.. but wish you the best of luck with it. I'll be making a comeback soon, we'll have to meet up and compete though you'll have a ton more cone area and power lol.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast