Closed Thread

Reload Thread: new idea

KARLEON is offline Livin' Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new idea

Ok, i have lots of free time on my hands and thought about this idea. First off, i really dont like how my subs sound when they are firing toward the trunk. I noticed i like them firing up against my back dash. So heres my idea.

Taking out my 6x9s and putting them upfront in the doors. Design a box so that my subs are firing against my back dash instead of the rear trunk. The box i came up with came a bit shy of the 2.5 cubic feet per sub i wanted to have for my magnums. it would be about 2.1 cubic feet per sub after all my displacement. Now the problem where i run in at is how long to make my vent. Just for measuring purposes to get an estimate, i used the same measurements that trixter gave me for the box he helped me design. So i really dont know if that vent length and width is still appropiate for the box i just designed.

So i guess what im asking is, do you think this would be ok for me to leave nothing in my backdash 6x9 area and place those upfront. If my back speakers wont fit perfectly upfront would it be hard to adjust it so that it would fit?

and if i wanted to tune a box to 32-34hz what should be the length and width be.

box dimensions are...

Outer Inner dimensions
    35L x 16H x 19D 33.55L x 14.5H x 17.5D

Oh and the vent will be between both subs if that matters

ULTIMATE SOUNDS & PERFORMANCE Presents TWO DUDES SPL SHOOTOUT - 1st Place Champion

REFERENCES: Bigbassman, Rangerman, Deserheat, Bavarian, Req, Vosschs, George, Mountaineer Man, NGSM13, Kingpin_jeffie, Harrison, Dustin19, Iceteebone, Electrodynamic, Memphis4L, RaiN, Mikemareen, Omietrice, Suleman36, Jmanpc, Kickerlivinloud, ibanender, massiveaudiocw, phoenix88, polecat, j3bus2k3

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new idea

You can do the same thing. Just make the port 15" long to keep you 34Hz. I hope you plan on sound deadening the he!! out of you rear deck.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

EzekialPhoenix is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck fitting 6 x 9's up front. I would ditch them anyway and buy some 6.5 components, or at least 6.5 separates. Round speakers are your friend.

KARLEON is offline Livin' Legend

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter
    You can do the same thing. Just make the port 15" long to keep you 34Hz. I hope you plan on sound deadening the he!! out of you rear deck.
    good ol trixter with the reply. lol, i wanted to ask you but didnt want you getting tired of my questions. I'm just playing around with different ideas right now before i start construction. So make the port 15" long and keep it at about 2.5 in width? and tell me something, i figured out how to see how much airspace i have and the only knowlege i am lacking is the tuning. How do i calculate tuning. If you can explain this to me, then i wont have post any more box questions. Anyways though, appreciate the help

ULTIMATE SOUNDS & PERFORMANCE Presents TWO DUDES SPL SHOOTOUT - 1st Place Champion

REFERENCES: Bigbassman, Rangerman, Deserheat, Bavarian, Req, Vosschs, George, Mountaineer Man, NGSM13, Kingpin_jeffie, Harrison, Dustin19, Iceteebone, Electrodynamic, Memphis4L, RaiN, Mikemareen, Omietrice, Suleman36, Jmanpc, Kickerlivinloud, ibanender, massiveaudiocw, phoenix88, polecat, j3bus2k3

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KARLEON
    good ol trixter with the reply. lol, i wanted to ask you but didnt want you getting tired of my questions.
    NP, just ask or PM me.

I'm just playing around with different ideas right now before i start construction. So make the port 15" long and keep it at about 2.5 in width?
    Yep.

and tell me something, i figured out how to see how much airspace i have and the only knowlege i am lacking is the tuning. How do i calculate tuning. If you can explain this to me, then i wont have post any more box questions. Anyways though, appreciate the help
    1. Use this formula: http://jlaudio.com/tutorials/ports/index.html
    2. Use WinISD: www.linearteam.org
    3. Use something in here (there is a ton of stuff):http://www.bcae1.com/
    4. Ask me.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Closed Thread