Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 2009 Pontiac G5

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Re: 2009 Pontiac G5

The harness is for the chimes, on star, and a switched accessory power wire. Its needed unless your going to geri rig the dash and tap into another component in there that is also switched accessory power. Its much much easier to just get the dash kit.

My 08 Caliber needed one, the normally are $70 or so at Crutchfield, found it on eBay for $15 shipped BNIB.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kross6622 View Post
    yes everything will work except the chimes and onstar, etc. I have an 07 grandprix and the only other thing id let you know is more then likely the positive included in the harness will not work and you will have to run wire from a fuse to the harness for it to power up. make sure you pick a fuse that starts with the car otherwise you will have to turn on and off manually everytime.
    NO IT WILL NOT WORK. I have the same car and you must have it whether you want chimes or not. Fux with your information center and your dash. I got one for 50 bucks but it only provided a 3amp load for the switched accessory. even if you do get an adapter i would still use a relay to avoid trashing the little fet in there. its pretty easy to install. pop the right trim off, then pull the firewall cover down a little and pop the other small piece off behind the wiper blade control, then take the center trim and its like four screws, no biggie. youll have to cut some plastic out of the back and maybe bend the support protecting the air vents to get the deck to fit though, its a pretty tight fit.
    PM if you need anything on it ive had mine apart about 20 times.

Edit: also if you ghetto rig it, there is a brown wire goign to a fuse panel in the console. it comes off the steering column go figure. you can tap it (USE A RELAY) an that will provide acc but no RAP

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nateberrier View Post
    NO IT WILL NOT WORK. I have the same car and you must have it whether you want chimes or not. Fux with your information center and your dash. I got one for 50 bucks but it only provided a 3amp load for the switched accessory. even if you do get an adapter i would still use a relay to avoid trashing the little fet in there. its pretty easy to install. pop the right trim off, then pull the firewall cover down a little and pop the other small piece off behind the wiper blade control, then take the center trim and its like four screws, no biggie. youll have to cut some plastic out of the back and maybe bend the support protecting the air vents to get the deck to fit though, its a pretty tight fit.
    PM if you need anything on it ive had mine apart about 20 times.

Edit: also if you ghetto rig it, there is a brown wire goign to a fuse panel in the console. it comes off the steering column go figure. you can tap it (USE A RELAY) an that will provide acc but no RAP
    Thanks a bunch. I wound up not getting it today. I will be getting it saturday, but wont start working on it until at least sunday. If I need any help I will send you PMs. Thanks again.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After looking on crutchfield, they do not have any wiring kits for that car..... I dont even know what to search for, as in what that chime thing is called and what else i need.... If someone could help point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. I'm sure the local shop could get it all for me, but they would RAPE my wallet.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

If you have on star I think its the top one, if its not on star its the bottom one.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    If you have on star I think its the top one, if its not on star its the bottom one.
    Pretty sure it has on star, but its not activated. I think I am just going to have the shop do it. This will be the 1st out of 5 cars that I personally own that I will pay someone to install anything in. I move in a week. Even if i order everything today, its possible stuff doesnt get here until a day or so before I leave which will make me put everything aside and work on my ride strictly when I have SOOOO many more things going on. They said $250 for parts and installation.... I hate to pay that much considering if I order parts its only ~$110 and would probably only take about an hour to completely install with soldered and heat shrink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

If you have on star it has to be the on star harness.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    If you have on star it has to be the on star harness.
    OK thanks. It doesnt matter anymore because I am paying a shop to take care of the HU install. I just hope the car overall isnt a PITA to work with like I have heard. I just want a very simple/clean install with decent SQ.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2