Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Newbie needs help on budget setup

Hello, I have a 2000 honda accord SE, and am looking to upgrade everything. The head unit is a cheap rockford fosgate that the previous owner had installed, along with possibly the speakers, it says they are 30 watt pioneers on them, so not really sure.

I want a new head unit that I can use my ipod with
    Maybe an amp (not really sure if I need one)
    2 (6 1/2") or (6 3/4") speakers for the doors(not sure which size)
    2 6x9" speakers for the rear deck

Now I don't really want to spend more than 300 dollars, but if it is below 400 I am interested to hear your suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,
    Zack

subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

Re: Newbie needs help on budget setup

Order two of these.

Rockford Fosgate P1S652 6.5" 5x7 6x9 Shallow Speakers: eBay Motors (item 350293974170 end time Aug-13-10 01:08:14 PDT)

Here is a Sony deck. Even thou Sony products arent the best, They do make some nice entry level decks. I have one and I am very happy with it.

SONY CDX-GT540UI CAR CD/MP3/IPOD/USB PLAYER RECEIVER - eBay (item 300418134292 end time Aug-13-10 13:06:30 PDT)

this deck has sub preout, so when your ready to run a sub, it will be simple install. this deck requires a HD reciever you have to buy seperately. Most deck do need a seperate HD reciever. but it has to be for Sony head units. HD Radio Ready (Requires XT-100HD) Sony XT-100HD HD Radio Tuner for Sony Car Stereos NEW - eBay (item 230475632368 end time Aug-14-10 08:58:09 PDT)
    There are no monthly fees, but you get free radio sub-channels which you normally would not get! The reception is also crystal clear in high definition, and best of all the receiver will display the station name, song name, and more!

Closed Thread

User Tag List