Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help! $300 to spend on a set up

BigTymerzNB is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help! $300 to spend on a set up

Hey, I was looking for any advice you guys could give me...
    I am working on a very low budget here of $300. I have a 2001 Acura Integra and just want to add some kick with the bass (the stock bass is horrible). I am obviously not looking to win any competitions, but just want to make some noise. With this 300 I need to buy subs, an amp, a box and also an indash cd player. I am a total newbie in car audio, so hopefully you guys could help me out. I wouldn't mind buying preowned stuff if need be. $300 includes installation and everything, so I hope its not too hard to install the stuff myself (stilll havent figured out how to get to the battery from the interior of the car). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help! $300 to spend on a set up

well i would look on ebay for used stuff, and then $300 might be enough, so like say $100 for deck, $100 for amp, $100 for a sub. if u look hard enough u can get good deals

BiaBia is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you get it installed at a local shop, expect to pay about $300 for the install alone.

Get like dual RE8's with about 150w going to them and you'll be set. That along with a earlier Pioneer Deh series HU will be about that much.

-Alex
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    AIM - Biabia322
    E-mail - ulyessz@hotmail.com

1993 300zx Slicktop - Undergoing TT transplant
    HU - Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Front Stage - Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp - US Amps 800.2
    Subwoofers - (2) 10'' Sundown SD-1's
    Subwoofers Amp - Sundown 100.4

"When my GF's 9-year-old niece told me that she would "pop" me in the mouth if I told her to be quiet again, I retorted, "Pop me in the mouth and I'll pop your cherry." -Jmac

Ne1
    Ne1 is offline MacDaddy lookin for the $

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd look for a head unit on ebay, you can get some sweet deals on older models, some darn nice ones too...BBE, remotes, so on......
    Since your on a low budget, you might want to look into a powered bazooka tube, granted, there are better options, but more expensive ones. The bazooka tube (again, if you can find a good one on ebay, snag it!) will be the easiest route...

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DIY the install, saves you a lot of money. you could always use the stock radio for now and upgrade when you get more money saved up. you can usually find good buys on used stuff on ebay. adire audio shiva 12's are pretty good woofers that can be had cheap, there $125 brand new on adire's site www.adireaudio.com, click on adire store link at bottom, then drivers link, sure you could find one cheaper on ebay. then, find you a prefab box on somewhere such as ebay, like 30 bucks max. then get an amp that puts out sufficient power, yet at an affordable price. jbl is a manufacturer you may consider looking into. they give you good bang for the buck. on ebay for under 100 dollars. thats 255 spent already, leaves you 45 bucks to use on wiring, considering you buy the shiva from adire direct. if you ebay it, then you could save more money and have a little more to spend on wiring. you could go to a local audio shop and buy the wiring off the roll for somewhere near 30 or 40 bucks with rca's. then you diy the install. thats under 300 bucks for a setup that would give you a decent amount of bass for fairly cheap.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its a pretty basic install, and im sure there are some people on here that would be willing to walk you through it. you can do the work yourself, and it'll save you a lot of money on install fees. also, if you don't have a local audio shop, you could go to walmart and get one of their amp wiring kits. wire is wire and whatever would save you money would benefit your case.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

subboxmaker is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you want to save money on wire buy an amp installation kit from knukonceptz.com very cheap especially if you just get 8 gauge

Casurfer99 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright I had a Lexus ES300 and did an extremely cheap install. I kept the factory HU but I had to install a converter for the RCA's ($40). I used one JL 10w0 ( eBay for $50). and I got 4 Infinity Reference speakers from IKESOUND.com ($140 for all 4, brand new). I built my box (~$15), and had a Pioneer GM-X544 for the 4 speakers ($100 on eBay, prob. like $50 now). I cheated w/the sub amp as it was a JL (Freebie, it was a present). Oh ad the install kit was like $40 and probably a couple bucks were lost somehwere else in the install. This of course isn't "High end" but it sounded really good and clear for what I paid, plus since I installed it myself I saved alot of money, and learned enough to upgrade the speakers to the Inf. Kappas and the sub!

Closed Thread