Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Boston Acoustics?

Greenhorn is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boston Acoustics?

How do all you pros compare Boston Acoustics to the rest. I know they're spendy, but you get what you pay for right? I don't seam to read much about them on this board.

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thats because most of the people here are everyday Joes.. We dont make $150K a year to be able to afford the extravagant toys without saving for months on end.. BTW Bostons are known for the quality of both product and sound..If you can get them do it you wont be sorry.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have a boston generator 2ohm svc sub in my wife's car being pushed by a legacy amp and i think it does a great job. eventually it's going to get a better amp!

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Boston makes excellent speakers, I've heard them at the local Tweeter's store. No one discounts them on the web and $300 is a tad steep for a pair of 6X9's so I passed...

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

jellydime is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If ya got the money you should check them out, you won't be sorry!
    I wish I could hook my car up with some Boston Acoustics!
    Too bad I gotta waste my money on stupid stuff like food and shelter!!!!!
    Keep it loud!
    JELLYDIME

Greenhorn is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i here ya. I can't afford it either. I just figured most of you are childless young studs who had a better chance of saving for that type of thing and thought maybe there was another reason i haven't read about them. I was also looking at CDT subs. They look extremely impressive though i haven't heard them and cost the same as BA. I've got my heart set on a CDT 8" inch that would fit perfictly in an extremely tight space I've got. It fits in a .25 cu/ft box. I often think about going out and maxing out some plastic but then i think Jeez if I put that much into a mutual fund for my kids college I could still respect myself in the morning. I guess I'll keep dreaming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boston Acoutstics make a simply amazing product. I have a set of 6 1/2 components and a set of 5 1/2 components in my car right now. The highs are so crisp and bright and the midrange screams. The only this is a little skimpy on the Ralley series components and coaxials (not on the pro series) is the low end reproduction. A little week on the bass. They make up for that with their subs. I had a pair of 12" Competitors and they were bangin'! Great spl and sq... lots of excursion. A few friends had the pro series... i dont think i've heard a louder sub pound for pound. The Tweeter truck has two of the 12's in the cab and 6 15" JL W3's in the flat bed. The guy that I know who worked on it said that just bangin around they use the JL's, but for competitions, the 2 12's kick the other's a**. Ya need to hear em to believe em. Hard to master b/c the subs are really sensitive to power level, but when done right... awesome. Anyway, if you can get em, I wouldn't hesistate. Peace.

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used Boston Rally 6 1/2 inch coaxials for a while. I can't wait to get the 5X7's for my Exploerer now. The midbass was clear enough to give you that evil grin of a greedy millionaire (especially when I had an Alpine amp powering them). The highs were more than exceptable but weren't as crisp as some other high end coaxials. At $150 retail, this was one of the best car audio investments I had ever made. I will definately use BA Rally's again. Once I win the powerball I'll step up to the Pros.

Plater is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have Two Boston Acoustic 12.5LF Pro series Subs they are an excellent sound quality sub and can handle a good amount of power with out producing any distrotion. I have had them for 3 years and they are still like new. The are a good quality speaker and someday i hope to get some pro series mids and high but first i have to get some more money plus it is hard to find a place to buy them. I had to drive for 2 hours to buy my subs.

Closed Thread