Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about factory HU

lea617 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me out!!

I'm a newbie here and have been planning how to install a system for myself. Right now, I am thinking about getting the following...

6.5" x 2 for the door panel
    6x9 x 2 for the rear
    a 4 channel amp for the four speakers above

two 12" subs, and another amp to power the subs....

But when it comes to HU, I dun think I can replace it since the fatory one comes with in-dash 6 disc CD-changer. I'm not too sure if this is true or not... Also, if I plan on keeping the original factory HU (either by choice or because i'm forced to) ..... how does the wiring work??? I mean, How many outputs does the factory HU have? I will have a total of 6 speakers and 2 subs..... How is that gonna work out? I'm aware that all factory HU's don't come with pre-amp output... so I'm gonna have to use speaker level output..or converter....

Any suggestions appreciated....

p.s. for the door and rear speakers...wut brand should I buy? I'm not out for the best quality and highest price....just something thats worth the money.... CDT's any good? Or should I get eclipse...or kappa's..... I'm not interested in getting components....either...too much work...

Koo. I left my questions...hopefully all guys will have some input to help me out...

thanx.
    Last edited by lea617; 01-06-2004 at 07:32 PM.

FiReAntZ is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question about factory HU

Well for one thign the factory HU won't have anything in the alley of sub controls, i'm not even sure if they come with RCA outs on them (i've never looked @ a factory deck besides an extremely old one).

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fireantz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the factory premium head unit in my 95 Eclipse did NOT have RCA outputs, however, since I did have a small stock amp, it did have a Din cable running to the amp which can be converted to RCA BUT, I dont know what voltage this DIN signal is getting, and if it is high level or low level.

I just put a pair of 3 Way Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in the back of my car, they sound extrememly nice. I got them on sale at best buy for $80 pair, but they are normally $130 I think, bout the same for the 6.5 inch. They are running off a 2 channel Dual amplifier that is putting out 60 watts RMS X 2 (speakers handle up to 75).

Stay away from Sony, as for a little more you can get much better speakers. Oh, and you probably CAN remove your factory head unit, it might be tricky tho, what kind of car is it? Odds are it can be done without too much trouble, but I'm sure you'd like to keep the 6CD changer in dash if possible, you don't see too many aftermarket brands of those. And if it is a premium system in your car now, it might have an amp under a seat or somthin (they call it an amp, they aren't very good tho) so it might have some way to convert that signal. You might look.

lea617 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. The system in my car is not premium. The deck seems as if the receiever and the 6 disc in dash cd changer are one piece. So it wouldn't be possbile to buy a new deck and keep the cd changer right? My car is a 2004 accord sedan.

I know you audiophiles out there must know the answers to my questions...If one of you can write them down, it'd be nice...

thanx

Closed Thread