Closed Thread

Reload Thread: looking for tips or advice on my new system

sinistercj69 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking for tips or advice on my new system

my vehicle is a 96 grand caravan. the factory system was infinity but when i bought it most speakers were blown or scratchy. the tweeters in the rear hatch door sound great so i left them stock. i replaced the 6x9's in the side walls with kicker 3-way KC-DS9630's. im considering changing them again to alpines because i like the look. i havent replaced the the dash or front door speakers yet because i havent looked for what sizes i need and a buddy told me it a pain to replace the dash speaker in this particular vehicle. im assuming 6x8's in the doors and 5 1/4's in the dash. but as far as the bumps, im running as follows. JVC KD-G340 deck, an Alpine Mrp-m1000 class d amp @ 2ohms, an alpine type R 12" sub in a slot ported box set up to run @ 2ohms.

any idea's and suggestions would be helpful. im not tryin to spend 1000's of dollars. i love alpine equipment and considering going all alpine. just kinda want to turn some heads at some local competitions or something of that matter. oh and by the way due to the custom order of this vehicle it was already all previously dyna matted for reduced vibration and exterior noise.

sinistercj69 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: looking for tips or advice on my new system

no one has any advice or anything?

bugflipper is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: looking for tips or advice on my new system

According to this Car Selector you have 5 1/4 and 5x7. I would go with 6.5 instead of 5x7. 6x8/5x7 to 6 If you are going to change the rears again I would also go with 6.5. 6x9 - 6
    Every car I have I went to the specific forum for them. There have always been pictured tutorials on removing the interior for audio. As far as choices on brands, sorry I am into sq more, don't know much about kenwood or alpine. If you want to stay cheap with some 6.5 look into cadence. If you have a bit more focal has a good sound. I would really recommend replacing those tweets with a 6.5 component system. Tweets are pretty well hard to get a bad one. But it will be much more ballanced if you use the component tweet in the stock location.

Closed Thread