Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need to get a system on a budget.

ZD84 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need to get a system on a budget.

First off I'm glad I found this forum before I went out and got ripped off like I have in the past when I had money to waste. Since things are a little tight now, and I can't live without a decent system in my truck I thought I'd try and get some input before I go around to all the local audio places. I just got an 07 tahoe ltz with nav bose and all that comes stock with the car. I know I've got to do something about getting a subwoofer or two, and I'm hoping I can probably stick with the stock speakers and be okay. I've had tahoes in the past that I put a couple kicker solo baric 12s in and they hit hard, but it's been a good 7 or 8 years so I'm not sure if kicker and jl are still on the top or what might be a good alternative from that to save some money. As you can see I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to all this I just know I need some improvements and I'm trying to keep it around the $500 range. If you know any good places to go in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area or have any suggeestions I'd appreciate it.

TwoEggCustoms is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need to get a system on a budget.

well budget and kicker/jl doesnt go in the same sentence it all depends on what you really want ill suggest just waiting a few weeks before making any purchases and read up there is alot to learn on this forum about brands there is a few people in the DFW area on here too just come and read on the stuff thats said here there is a ton of knowledge to learn

VDub
    1991 VDub 4dr jetta wolfsburg edition

ASE certified in electrical and brakes

HU-alpine
    AMP- digital audio DAB1800x
    SUB- 18" nightshade
    COMP-spl 6x9s

kr15 is offline Polluting Residentials

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

500$ is sufficient. Kicker and Jl may still be on top of the "mainstream" game, and are not bad by any means, but there is better and more cost effctive companies out there. But even if you insist on known companies, many people have been having success with the MB Quart DSC1500.1d, and for about 200$ is a good buy. 2 Type R's can probly be had for another 200$, although that only leaves 100$ for box and wiring....but thats just an example. There are others on here who know much more than I do and could give better suggestions

Team Flex Issues
    45s out the trunk..lowww

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

CarAudioNewbie9 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Depends man. How big of a subwoofer do you want?

Closed Thread