Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Capacitor voltage not stable,why?///initially charge to about 8.5 volts?

fire919 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Capacitor voltage not stable,why?///initially charge to about 8.5 volts?

ok so i bout this capacitor Tsunami PP1002TM-CAP (pp1002tmcap) 2 - 2.9 Farad Capacitors Car Amplifier Installation & Accessories Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix and i charge it with a resistor before usage....the voltage went to around 8.5 volts. i remove resistor and connected power directly...(everything was connected correctly grounded etc) the voltage when car is on without music playing (ACC) reads about 14-14.2 volts and when i play my music it drops to as low as 10 volts then goes back up to maybe 12 volts, then 11 volts, then 13 volts continuously....i know that when i am playing my music there is a possibility that voltage drops from 14 volts if only a little on capacitor readout. But TRUST ME there has to be somthing wrong bcuz there is no way the amp/subs that i have a able to do this. I have a SPL 620 watt amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...L+DK2-620.html .

....please dont worry about hardware (amp etc) i knw it **** and alla dat....i jus wanna knw y is this happening if anyone knows or has an idea

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Re: Capacitor voltage not stable,why?///initially charge to about 8.5 volts?

Go to autozone or something and get your battery and alt tested. Something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Cap=junk/waste of money. Go sell it so someone else who thinks they work too. From this point on...you no longer believe in caps.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Closed Thread

User Tag List