Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hello New Guy here That u can make fun of

Punch RS is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello New Guy here That u can make fun of

Hey I'm new to all this car audio stuff as far as experience w/ it. I know a lot of guys that are involved with it but they are just messin around.

I'm a little bit more serious and I have done a lot of research and lemme tell u I have come a long way. I used to see a 1,000 watt peak power and go crazy when the RMS power was 150. I'm way past that now and can understand most of this except for when it comes to actual experience like wiring and sound quality and stuff.

Right now I have a Mazda MX6 with a Pioneer head unit and I have some Infinity speakers in it, but thats the extent of it all. I want to add some subs. I want ones that other people around will hear, and like shake the rear view mirror, but thats easy to do, but I don't want competition subs or subs that will bounce me up and down and land me a ticket in two minutes. LOL

Anyway, I am looking to spend around $800 on this system so any suggestions would be nice.

I like the Rockford Fosgate 10" and 12" Punch HX2 with either the dual 4 or 2 ohm version. I am not sure what kind of amp I would need and what else I would need, besides a box and wires.

Also I found these things cheap at Hooked on Tronics.com so if any1 has shopped there tell me ur experience w/ them b/c crutchfield is expensive.

Mazda MX6
    Pioneer DEHP3500 In-Dash CD Receiver
    (Workin on More, I'm new)

Shugarra is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hello New Guy here That u can make fun of

Probably not the best thing to announce you want other people to hear your subs, it's fairly inconsiderate. With that out of the way I would recommend maybe a RE XXX 12 or 15" (respl.com)sub with a hifonics 1500 in a ported box. Not sure on exact price but it should be a little under $800. It will get plenty loud and sound pretty good at the same time. If you're looking for some new speakers you may consider a cheaper set of components such as the cdt CLs from thezeb.com and a cheap amp to run em. I think you'd be very happy with that set up. Good luck!

EarDrummin. is offline Is this my Brahma?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, in all fairness, he sounds like he wants moderate beats.. nothing overboard. Someone should start a thread that says this in the topic:

"Hello. If you need advice on a system setup, get an XXX, a Hifonics Brutus, and some CDT comps. There is no point in getting anything else, have a nice day."

And leave "10 characters" in the area where you post. That will leave more of an effect on the people who see the topic. We got it? Nothing else but this setup for everyone on the forum. Oh yeah, and everyone take pictures, and see how alike we can get them. Awesome..

Audi A6
    Alpine 7897
    MBQuart discus
    JBL bp1200.1
    Brahma 15

AOL: Rav3Cultre
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/eardrummin

VooDoo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hi! i'm new here too.

i've heard a friends car mounted with 2 15" JL W0's in a ported box and its loud (literally brought tears to my eyes we i sat in the car). Good thing about the speakers is that they're not power hungry (if i'm not mistaken, they only need 125 watts RMS to juice them up). If your looking for good SPL with a low budget, the JL W0's get my vote.

The soul searches for SQ
    while the heart pounds for SPL

Pioneer DEH-1450
    Pioneer EQ-6500
    Targa X-652C 6.5" Separates
    Targa X-602 6.5" Co-axials
    Targa X-120 12" SVC
    Nakamichi PA-302
    MTX Thunder 2160

http://www.pbase.com/mach2audio

Punch RS is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Inconsiderate, how I don't have any subs yet I am askin 4 advice. I thought that was what u do here. All the subs Ive dealt with (none of them mine) **** and I WANT TO GET SOME for me but I don't have any yet. I am askin for advice

Mazda MX6
    Pioneer DEHP3500 In-Dash CD Receiver
    (Workin on More, I'm new)

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

the IDmax subs are good all around subs. i'm thinking of putting one 12 in my car with a rf 1001bd on it. the idmax can take 1000 watts rms. the magnum d2 is pretty good as well but i think they are on back order right now.

smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EarDrummin.
    Well, in all fairness, he sounds like he wants moderate beats.. nothing overboard. Someone should start a thread that says this in the topic:

"Hello. If you need advice on a system setup, get an XXX, a Hifonics Brutus, and some CDT comps. There is no point in getting anything else, have a nice day."

And leave "10 characters" in the area where you post. That will leave more of an effect on the people who see the topic. We got it? Nothing else but this setup for everyone on the forum. Oh yeah, and everyone take pictures, and see how alike we can get them. Awesome..
    Someone Pee in your Coffee??? You sound a tad bitter!!!!

Closed Thread