Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Reload Thread: wheres the SQ heads?

  1. #1
    DRATUNES's Avatar
    DRATUNES is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver b.c
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    wheres the SQ heads?

    Am I blind or is there no SQ addicts here????







  2. #2
    DRATUNES's Avatar
    DRATUNES is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver b.c
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    sorry for the double post....Ive had a few beers lol!




  3. #3
    Brian_smith06's Avatar
    Brian_smith06 is offline I got a pan, I got a plan



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    ???????????



    2004 Cavalier ls sport
    H/U: Alpine W200 w/H701 processor
    Mid/Highs: 2 pairs ID x65 and full body ultra horns
    Mid/High amp: 3 ID 700.2
    Sub:2x12" IDMax
    Sub amp: ID 1200.1
    ref: massiveaudiocw, SplChoice, Th3pWn3r, duece212, XaznKewLguyX, connersdad19, alex5857, 5.3bowtie, smiley2186, cf2004, Tibor, Zeuslicious, IT Hertz, 310w6,dbeez, thehardknoxlife, matthewo, pokey_159, LaserRed38, jerseyboy, Abc123Abc, James Bang

  4. #4
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by DRATUNES View Post
    Am I blind or is there no SQ addicts here????
    What, exactly, are you looking for?



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  5. #5
    J31Rob's Avatar
    J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    he's asking if there is anyone here interested in more than just a loud system.

    the answer is no, not really. very few. if that.



    the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

    Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio



  6. #6
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post
    he's asking if there is anyone here interested in more than just a loud system.

    the answer is no, not really. very few. if that.
    Probably 10-20% or so. A better question would ask whether this is a music-driven forum, and it's not. Car audio, in general, isn't oriented toward listening to music, as ironic and unfortunate as it may seem. It's the lowest common denominator prorated into sound.



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  7. #7
    J31Rob's Avatar
    J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    Probably 10-20% or so. A better question would ask whether this is a music-driven forum, and it's not. Car audio, in general, isn't oriented toward listening to music, as ironic and unfortunate as it may seem. It's the lowest common denominator prorated into sound.
    10-20 is way too much credit. i'd say <10%..

    and if you expect anyone else to ever understand what you're saying, you may wanna dumb it down a little bit.



    the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

    Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio



  8. #8
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post
    ... if you expect anyone else to ever understand what you're saying, you may wanna dumb it down a little bit.
    No, thanks.



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  9. #9
    J31Rob's Avatar
    J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    No, thanks.
    not a demand, just some general advice.

    when you use big words, people overlook your posts & scratch their heads.



    the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

    Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio



  10. #10
    J31Rob's Avatar
    J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post
    not a demand, just some general advice.

    when you use big words, people overlook your posts & scratch their heads.



    the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

    Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio



  11. #11
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    omg i just went active and it sounds so much better, but i'm not sure why.




  12. #12
    x2o's Avatar
    x2o
    x2o is offline Fuzzy Blue Lights



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Miami/PSL, FL
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    omg i just went active and it sounds so much better, but i'm not sure why.


    One of the good SQ guys here.

    To answer the OP, very few members, majority of this forum is SPL/competition driven.

    Head over to some other boards if you want a good SQ user-base.

    DIYMA used to have an amazing collection of SQ-junkies. Haven't been on there in ages though so not sure whether it's still the same.



    The System :
    Electrical: Big 3, Powermaster D1200 and D3100.
    Sub Stage : 18" Custom Sundown Nightshade D2 Tuned to 30 Hz
    Sub Amp : Sundown SAZ-3000D
    Headunit : Alpine 9887 (ACTIVE )
    Front Stage : (2) Eminence Delta 10" mids, 2 Power Acoustik NX-5s
    Rear Pro Audio: (4) 8" Selenium 8W4P, (2) Selenium ST350
    Pro Audio Amps: Hifonics ZXi6010, Hifonics ZXi1010, Kicker ZX350.4
    Wiring : Kicker Hyperflex/Knu 0ga/RCA's
    Refs : Apocalypse Boy, Brian Owens, JBLCamry, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, BushJ311, tEh koRnDog(x2), blackbonnie, ProjectPat06, ampjunkielikeme, DownSouth954, Tapout, PaulThompson229, Mrogowski, Team H&K (Kent), andrewmoore13, slam, 100% eBay

  13. #13
    gunz4me2's Avatar
    gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    omg i just went active and it sounds so much better, but i'm not sure why.
    So you started exercising and your music sounds better?




  14. #14
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    So you started exercising and your music sounds better?
    I think the earlobe curls helped the most. Less weight but more reps. It helped with the endurance to fight off ear fatigue.




  15. #15
    Echo42987's Avatar
    Echo42987 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    3,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: wheres the SQ heads?

    Quote Originally Posted by x2o View Post


    One of the good SQ guys here.

    To answer the OP, very few members, majority of this forum is SPL/competition driven.

    Head over to some other boards if you want a good SQ user-base.

    DIYMA used to have an amazing collection of SQ-junkies. Haven't been on there in ages though so not sure whether it's still the same.
    Diyma has lost quite a few as well. But still more there then here. A lot more. caraudio is just newbs and bassheads.




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum