Closed Thread

Reload Thread: amp wiring options.. what a newb question

cm2658 is offline lovely

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

amp wiring options.. what a newb question

Well I have four audiobahn ALUM12N subwoofers that are dual 6ohms each in two separate boxes.. I had all four wired onto one RF T3002, one pair at 1.5 ohms onto each channel.. well now i got my second T3002 and basically I have a few options here.. put one sub one each channel of each amp running at 3 ohms (which would be a bit of a waste since this amp can do 1ohm on each channel) or I can do it where I have each box with two subs bridged onto each amp at 1.5ohms.. I just wanted to see if anyone knows much about running these amps below the rated impedance and what happened if anyones done it.. I know its not recommended and whatnot but I cant see myself running it at 3ohms per cahnnel.. I had wired it to where two subs were at 3 ohm and two were at 12ohms, and I ran one 3ohm and one of the 12ohm bridged at 2.4ohms onto each amp, but on both amps the sub wired at three ohms was moving way harder than the sub wired at 12 ohms, which i understand is because the sub running at 3ohms is drawing more of the power, so basically do I run it at 3ohms per channel or at 1.5ohm bridged? THanks

RF HE2 12 in HO Box (waiting for my C2 12 to come in mail)
    For Sale.
    US Amps MD-1D - $175 shipped
    Cadence Z1200 - $175 shipped

cm2658 is offline lovely

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: amp wiring options.. what a newb question

i know I pose a rish at running the amps at 1.5 ohm bridged but i got both of these for under $100 and i know i cant get another one off of ebay for under $100 shipped if i did kill one of these amps, but even with taht I still dont really wanna murder my amps when I know im doing it, thatd be premeditated murder..

For Sale.

cm2658 is offline lovely

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: amp wiring options.. what a newb question

I think i have found my answer... while the 1.5ohm bridged onto each amp sounds beautiful, its just running the amps way too inefficiently and is murdering my electrical system so for that reason I am running em at 3ohms per channel and putting out about half as much power as i would be with the 1.5ohm bridged.. time to do a big 3 upgrade and throw out this bs walmart 4ga for some manlier power wire.. I'm also considering moving away from these dual 6ohm subs and going with two dual 2ohm 12s and one dual 4ohm 15 to throw in my empty HO box..

For Sale.

Closed Thread