Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Help choose a system for my reg cab truck with a twist

Ok so i haven't been on here much the past year because i sold my blazer and bought a reg cab 87 toyota. Spent about $9000 on making it wheel... now i want music while i'm wheeling.

skip the calling me a noob part. My last setup was 2 re/fi SX's with triple stiff spiders and .7 ohm coils on a pair of nine.1's strapped.

I'm looking for a decent deck, pair of speakers for the front doors, a sub and amp. I have VERY little room for sub depth... around 6"

I was thinking... 6.5's (maybe comps depending on $$$) and either a 10" or 2 8's. 4Ch amp with 2ch to the sub and the other two to the front speakers.

I don't want to buy anything expensive because when i end up with a foot of water in my cab i don't want to be too upset when the equipment dies.

Any Ideas?

My Truck: (changed quite a bit since then)
    Last edited by 1980supreme; 12-20-2009 at 08:51 PM.

'93 Lexus LS400

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help me build a system for my reg cab truck with a twist

I could tell you what i put in my '92 dakota. it's a TINY bit cramped, but you don't have to go the route i did. i bought 2 sundown e8's, which are very sweet subs for their price and size, got some infinity kappa's for the doors. i got a sundown saz-1000d for the subs and a sax125.2 for the speakers. obviously if you want a 4 channel amp then you'd go a different route than those. i didn't spend a whole lot of money on my deck so i went with a pioneer 4100. personally, it all sounds really good to me, especially for how little room i have. i put my subs in a 1.25 cubic foot box tuned to 31hz, but you wouldn't have to do that. you could always go sealed. :P

Pioneer DEH-P4100UB
    2xSundown e8's
    SAZ-1000D
    Infinity Kappa's 52.9i
    SAX-125.2
    All shoved behind the seat of a 92 dakota regular cab...

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

i have a dd1508 in my 93 reg cab toyota

toys ftw

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

i say go with a single dd1508 ported. wants about 1 cube ported ~38Hz.
    As far as the front stage. go comps. that way at least your tweets might survive the flood ha. ID has an "entry level" set on woofersetc.com for ~160. sound pretty great for the $.

Another direction for sub stage would be ID8's. they only require .25cubes each sealed. so you could run 2-4 and still be smaller than others.

E8's are not a bad route either. dont need much room. sound good ported or sealed.

as far as amps; the possibilites are almost endless and alot will depend on wat power your speakers, sub(s) want/can handle.

also, depending on space limitations after your other mods. you could put the substage on stilts to keep them above "sea level"

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

i have a cheap set of kicker ds400 coaxs in my truck...not great by any means, but for 30 bucks they cant be beat

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Bobby322 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had a 15'' and a 12'' in my single cab. But thats because dodges have a ton of room. Working on an 18'' lol. Youre best bet would be some 8s I think

CA.com refs: midwestcustoms3 ; dadon ; DBBOOM ; stevexyz ; Twisted_0912 ; on1wheel01 ; vitveet ; basscort2009 (2) ; TeamPSI ; hotboxn ; xbearxlawls (SCAMMER) ; annarbor84 ; trailz516 ; Pioneer~Saturn ; dub22 ; Kern417 ; jbizzle ; wgsj_fortvalley

1980supreme is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

so it seems like my choices are between the 1508 or the e8... i can research those on my own

and yeah like i said, the idea is to have something that's not going to make me cry if it fries... which is why i like the 4ch amp idea...

I need to be able to carry tools, tow straps, shackles and ratchet straps in my cab (if i don't have my canopy on) It all adds up to being squished... The fact that i have subaru wrx seats helps a bit because i can fold them down and there's room in the center where my bench previously covered.

Have any input on front stage? It's a little harder ordering online and getting a decent deal because i'm in canada... tack like $40 onto anything i order from across the border...

'93 Lexus LS400

Closed Thread

User Tag List