Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine 9811 - need info on back side set up

Cressida is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine 9811 - need info on back side set up

I'm about ready to get a new Alpine 9811 HU but I have very tight fit due to shallow depth. (Crutchfield only shows 3 HU's from their entire stock of all HU's as fitting on this 83 Cressida so you can see I have to proceed carefully!)

The depth dimension of this Alpine model is suppose to be 155mm or 6 1/8" which should work as this is the same as my Pioneer keh-P7800 that I'm replacing. The Pioneer is also a tight fit but on the one side where the antenna connects it is recessed about 3/4" so this allows room to get the antenna connected.

So I was wondering where does the antenna hook up to the back side of the Alpine models (CDA-9811). For example, left bottom corner, right top corner, etc. and does the Alpine HU have a recessed area for the antenna connection or is it flat across the entire backside. I have no room at all on the upper left backside area so if the antenna connection is right there then I may be stumped. Also, probably would never be able to get the RC plugs connected for the front outs as they are in this area too but since I don't plan on running with ext. amps I can overlook this.

If anyone can post a picture of the back side that would be very helpful - otherwise tell me where and how the antenna is connected and if I will need much clearance to get it hooked up.

If I can make sure I got room to get the antenna connected I should be OK as I can tell from a backside diagram where all the wires hook up, but they omit showing the antenna.

If I'm overlooking something making this a bigger issue than it needs be let me know.

I've searched through this site but haven't found anything about what I need so would appreciate comments.

BTW, my Pioneer HU quit working properly after 3.5 years with really light use so I was disappointed with their quality. Expected better from Alpine and that is one reason I'm going with them if I can get a fit.

drkodin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine 9811 - need info on back side set up

if looking at the front of the HU, the RCA connections are on the left, and the subwoofer is the only one that extends away from the HU. So, when connecting the other two RCAs, be sure to add a 1/2" to your overall depth to allow from those RCAs connecting into the deck.

The antenna is on the left side and also has an extension.

Closed Thread