Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Predicament: iPod over Zune

I've had two Zunes over the last year (both Zune 120's). I bought a red one from bestbuy.com, which the battery had problems (it would die when it said the Zune had half battery life left), so I exchanged it 4 times, each time resulting in the same problem. I finally got my money back on a Best Buy gift card.

The other one, a black Zune 120 bought from a local store, worked just fine for over a year, until the other day. I went to a hockey game, it worked on the way there. On the way home, when powering it on, it just gave me a black screen. It stopped working, hard drive crashed or something.

Anecdotes aside, I tried to exchange it for a new one at my local Best Buy. They informed me Microsoft has now come out with a new line of Zunes, which only come in 16 or 32GB. The 80 and 120's are now obsolete, and my only option to cash in the warranty, would be to downgrade to the 32gig, or switch over to the 160GB iPod Classic.

I have 100+ GB of music, and don't see carrying fractions of it at a time an option. This would work for some people, it wouldn't for me. Has anyone else run into this problem, or something similar to it?

Be it my only choice, I guess I'll have to switch over to Apple. It might not be the worst thing in the world? I'll adjust to it, just as anyone does to something after an amount of time. Does anyone have any significant pros or cons to say about the iPod before I make the official switch? (I brought the broken Zune home, and told Best Buy I'd be back when I decided what I was going to trade it for)

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Re: Predicament: iPod over Zune

I've owned a couple of Zunes and several ipods. I actually don't have a preference between the players themselves, but itunes is much better than Microsoft's sorry a$$ zune software. For that reason alone I'd consider the ipod an upgrade...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

iTouch

stocker08 is offline Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Itunes is a great program. An easy to use multimedia player that syncs with your music player should be a huge draw for you. Especially with the problems you have had with the zune.

They really cut the zune sizes down??? That seems odd.

bigaudiofanati2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love my ipod and my ipod touch. I have been with apple for 6 years now and love them. I love their program for music "itunes" I love their players I love there quality products.

My build thread.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406175

If anyone needs help just let me know

verb1999 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome. It's at least encouraging to hear a few good posts about the iPod before I go make the official switch probably tonight. As I said, once I'm used to it, I'm sure it'll be not a WHOLE lot different...I mean they'll play my music the same. Once I push play and the song is on, it doesn't make much difference where the sound is coming from, right?

And yes they did. The new Zune products are called "Zune HD", and come in 16 or 32GB. Zune.net You can find the 80's and 120's still on websites such as amazon.com or ebay obviously, but Best Buys and such no longer stock them. They are last year's models.

I would debate an iTouch...if only the hard drive was bigger. As stated in the original post, I have 100+ GB of tunes, and I only use my MP3 player for music, that's all. I don't need any of the extra flashy trendy business.

Closed Thread

User Tag List