I'm with Formation Media, the new owners of Car Audio and Electronics Magazine. We just acquired CA&E from the previous owners who took it out of print, and we are hard at work under the hood, working on restoring it to its former glory by bringing it back to life online. (The site is still a mess right now - please be patient.)
Anyway, in order to bring back CA&E, we need to hire an awesome Editor in Chief. If you're a serious car audio expert AND you think you have the chops to write for us and manage a team of writers, we'd love to hear from you. The full job description is posted at the bottom of this post.
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but it wasn't clear where "industry job openings" should be posted. We think CA&E can do a lot to support the mobile audio industry, and we're hoping to get as much feedback as possible both before and after we relaunch it, so I'd love to hear your feedback in general as well.
Joel, Product Guy
Formation Media is looking for a passionate Editor who is an expert in the consumer car audio space to lead the re-launch of Car Audio and Electronics Magazine in an online format. The successful candidate will determine the editorial strategy for the site, build and manage a team of freelancers, write articles, and work with other team members to build a thriving car audio content and community website.
As the Editor in Chief, you will be expected to:
• Build a scalable editorial strategy for caraudiomag.com and establish the site’s tone and voice
• Work with Head of Product to guide the product strategy for the site
• Hire and manage freelance writers and photographers for product and event coverage
• Write feature articles and do in-person coverage
• Curate user contributions to augment the site’s content offering
• Interact with the site’s users online and keep them engaged
• Manage a weekly newsletter
• Stay abreast of developments in the car audio space
• Attend trade shows and industry events as necessary
• Establish and maintain relationships with representatives at car audio manufacturers and installers
• Thorough knowledge of the car audio space
• Extensive writing experience with solid grasp of grammar, punctuation, and style
• Experience managing a team
• Online publishing experience preferred
• Industry connections are a huge plus
• Community management skills are a plus