Closed Thread

Reload Thread: My system halfe way complete! What do you think?

thispain is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My system halfe way complete! What do you think?

Just woundering what you guys/galls think.... :p

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8500MP
    • purchased at OnlineCarSterio for $370 (retails for $550, Cruchfield has it for $500..lol)
    • 1-bit D/A converter CDplayer
    • playes CD-R/CD-RW/MP3/WMA
    • mosfet internal power chip (dosn't matter since i'm using amps, thought i would state this)
    • 3-band parametric EQ (note that it has 5-curves)
    • Sound Focus EQ (SFEQ); allows me to individual tune the bass and treble adjustments for front and rear speakers
    • Automatic Sound Levelizer; adjust volume for changes in road noises automatically
      Selectable fader
    • High Pass Filter crossover on front and rear pre-amp outputs
    • Low Pass Filter crossover on sub pre-amp output
    • 3- 4volt pre-amp outputs
    • and a must have, rotary volume control...
    Front Stage: Dynaudio System 240mk II 2-way componet system
    • purchased at OnlineCarSterio for $500 (retail for $760)
    • 7” Midwoofer with 3” Magnum aluminum voice coil
    • 1.1” soft neodymium dual-magnet dome tweeter with 1.1” voice coil; neodymium is the bomb...
    • frequency response 55-25khz
    • recommended at 120watts RMS
    Amplifier: Hifonics Nemesis NX400
    • purchased at sounddomain for $160 (usually sales for $250, retails for $320)
    • small enough to fit under my driver seat; i think this is neat....
    • powers my Dynaudio componets at 100watts x 2 4ohms
    • Ultra-Fi Mosfet; works in conjunction with the “regular” mosfet power to supply “on demand Power”. Don't know if this truely works, but sounds good.
    • Fully variable high and lowpass crossovers
    • 0-18 dB bass boost at 40Hz

System tottal so far is $1,180 (excluding shipping); not to bad considering that i got the car as a "college entry" gift from my uncle So far i've installed the componet speakers and foam baffles behind theme. Speaker wire is ran to underneath the seat, but then it got dark . Wont have time to install the rest untill maybe Friday (full time + college, don't make my mistake). I got my wireing from Crutchfield; destributor block and all. What does that mean, anouther amp! Looking for a good SQ sub, that is also capable of a little "rowdyness". Mainly for sound quality though....For pictures and speks, check the links i was kind enough to add at the bottom:

http://www.dynaudiona.com/products/car/2way.htm
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...etailComponent
    cant find the HiFonics official site, so i have it at Sounddomain (note that the picture that they show isn't the acctual model, mines smaller) http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/HIFNX400

_____2000 Dodge Neon
    Ice Man cold air intake; Borla cat back exhaust; Borla stainless steal headers; Vibrant strut tower bar; Suspension Techniques rear sway bar kit; Eibach lowering springs (with alignment kit); KYB struts; EXEL 17" rims; and clear rear center brake light; clear front side markers; bright blue gauge inserts; alluminum accent dash pieces; PIAA extreme white bulbs; PIAA plasma blue side-marker bulbs; tint....DEH-P8500MP head unit; Dynaudio System 240mk II 7"component system; Hifonics Nemesis NX400 100x2@4ohms amp!

cwzilly is offline Hates distortion

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: My system halfe way complete! What do you think?

Hey, you posted this at my forum (trater). Nice, nice ( :up2someth "i know where you live"). Looking for a good sub, you can buy my Cerwin Vega 10" HED series sub....lol.

I got my wireing kit today, just need a sub that can handle 300watts. Let me know how those $500 componets sound.....

Calling us NO GOOD; you are the social enemy, us people change day to day...

Closed Thread