Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Opening Car Audio Shop in Orlando

TC2k15x2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Opening Car Audio Shop in Orlando

So I already have the location, with a good sized shop but I am lost on some certain things. I will be selling products and doing installs. I will be hiring people that are highly experienced for most of this since im not the best with fiberglass enclosures and some other things. I understand that I need my tax ID number so I can purchase products wholesale. What I need help with is-

1. How do you go about getting vendors and if you were opening a shop what would you want to run? I was really hoping to run RDaudio and some other stuff.

2. What equipment will I need for everything, including building enclosures?

3. How much stock should I keep?

4. How do I get display walls for stuff such as HU's, subs and speakers?

Any other positive input and tips are really appreciated thanks.

Current Setup (In Progress)
    -Door Speakers- 6.5" Pioneer premier comps
    -Head unit- Eclipse AVN5435
    -Sub- RD HW 3" coils
    -Sub Amp- RD 3250.1
    -Enclosure- 5.4 cuft, tuned to 40Hz (Pioneer~Saturn)
    -Batt's- (2)YT D31
    -Stock Alt- 150A
    -More to come-

Refs: s beatz, FASTIMES, juukno, blinkdogo2, kmanian, scott s, fatboyracing, nate2587, dumpin907

djarmy2004 is offline djarmy2004

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Opening Car Audio Shop in Orlando

Well fisrt off GL with getting it going. On the vendors thing most of the main ones have a place on there site but some have a buy in ammount and what not. Others you may be able to call and see. On the Equipment part i would say lots of shelves, a good install bay with area to work and install. On the stock that depends on if you have a buy in or not and what your comfortable with keeping at the location. As for display wall i think most places build theres. Im not 100% sure about all of this so get other suggestions.

TEAM LEATHAL BEATZ
    My FB Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...62#post6516362
    SYSTEM
    Alpine CDA-7998, 2 sets of PowerBass S-6C Comps for doors, Cadence TXA-3004 For Comps, 2 15" Fi BTL, Audiopipe AP30001D, Big 3 X2, 3 Runs of 1/0, 260A DC Power Alt, 2 C&D Batts in back
    REFS-
    BOUGHT FROM-DAPPA5, BRIAN OWENS, --Navi-- , X1le, Basscort2009, vitveet, thumpper, Lousiana_CRX
    Sold TO-bluieorbluee, lil98cabrio, Dropped_TB, orangecounty1

Toone is offline NewCarAudio.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

display walls are usually built but you can find used ones sometimes on ebay and i seen a few on here a while back

Keep up on car audio news @ www.newcaraudio.net

Enellz is offline The Triple O.G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The best advice I would say is trail and error man. Also as far as shelve just pay a few with the intention if saling out don't won't too much product that just sits there. Also just email the manufactures and go from there, I believe they have a thing where only shops certain miles apart can carry their product. Also my advice would be do some ads somewhere.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER
    AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB
    Sundown SAZ-3000D
    (2) Audio Q HDC3's
    Kinetik 2400
    40' of 1/0 Gauge
    A 38 HZ Box
    KICK ***!

M.A.G. Sales is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's up TC, I am the Rep for Rockford and a few other lines in Florida. Would love to chat with you and help you get setup. I will send you a PM with all my information.

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well a few things

you may want to carry all the best of best products but you have to also understand the customer needs in your area. not everyone can afford RD/AQ/DD or whatever else. pick up alot of decent brands like jensen, jvc blaupunkt, powerbass.. some people may consider these brands ****** but alot of people out there are looking for budget equipment.

dont stock alot of product. almost everyone you are a dealer for does overnight shipping free or extremely cheap. if you dont stock alot of product it cuts back your losses if something happens like a theft or fire. sometimes you have to eat your losses to avoid paying higher insurance. stocking less product makes it much better then losing 25k of product because you like to show off alot of product. if you want to show off product buy dummy equipment for show boards, and give the customer catalogs.

watch for dealers that require a minimum product quota per week/month. if i remember correctly JL Audio requires $xxx.xx amount of money monthly in product.

sexiewasd is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My advise is to keep a good stock of budget equipment, a little bit less of middle quality goods and a few good things. It's nice to be able to install great equipment and really be proud of a build, but the low end is where the money is made, well that and car alarms, remote starters, backup cameras, cruise control, lighting, power inverters, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mtx1 View Post
    x2. when im upset i turn to midget ****. it puts the to things i like together,i love to laugh and blow a load
    Quote Originally Posted by \.../_METAL_\.../
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg, the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tought slpeling was ipmorantt!

cj407 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tc...hit me up sometime about this...i got some ideas to bounce off your head before you actually go into leasing a store front...

mobeious is offline what does 0hz feel like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all i can say is u better have deep pockets for rockford.. 4500ish a quarter

to get a shop going good out of the box

ur going to need a good 40k if ur starting from scratch...

Alpine CDA-9833
    (2)sets Cresendo ccx65

Box Engineer for

WrenchGuy is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do I apply!

A tent on the beach is plenty for me to stay down there....lol

kodak314 is offline *****es love it low

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TC2k15x2 View Post
    So I already have the location, with a good sized shop but I am lost on some certain things. I will be selling products and doing installs. I will be hiring people that are highly experienced for most of this since im not the best with fiberglass enclosures and some other things. I understand that I need my tax ID number so I can purchase products wholesale. What I need help with is-

1. How do you go about getting vendors and if you were opening a shop what would you want to run? I was really hoping to run RDaudio and some other stuff.

2. What equipment will I need for everything, including building enclosures?

3. How much stock should I keep?

4. How do I get display walls for stuff such as HU's, subs and speakers?

Any other positive input and tips are really appreciated thanks.

1. look on their websites, or u can try to go to other local shops and ask them how they get their equipment ( dont think theyll be to open about it though). also, i would have a range of subs and amps ( not only brands but sizes). stuff like memphis, massive, rf, etc. and throw a few online companies in there. give your customers options. probably 95% of your customers wont know what rd is.

2. thats alot to think of at the moment

3. you wanna start small like a couple of brands. see how sells go first then u can base it off of that.

4. like others said u can check out ebay, or build your own

good luck

where at in orlando??

03 chevy impala ls
    hu: JVC kw-nx7000
    comp/ comp amp: cdt com-626/ RF punch 500x
    wiring: 1/0 knukonceptz and 4 gauge Tsunami
    sub/ sub amp: 2 12" D1 Sundown Nightshades; 2x Aq 2200ds
    sub box: 4 cube @ 34hz
    battery: (front)Duralast Gold;(back) 2x Deka Intimidator g31
    electrical: mechman 270a alt; big 3 in 1/0 gauge knu flex
    refs- kmanian, Soundwavedave, blaze383, squatchie16,Team H&K, FRITO, jmanpc, DJL, adrian1185, Mattd0344, mxer657, scottiej, sundownz, tc3k101

cj407 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

funny thing is i can get him a spot in a flea market till the name becomes more known and then move from there...but with the economy the way it is i wouldnt open a store front without more of the general population knowing your name...or your company's name...hence why i'm waiting till i have more custom work under my belt including alot more paint jobs and collision repair.

t1990le is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WrenchGuy View Post
    Where do I apply!

A tent on the beach is plenty for me to stay down there....lol
    ^^^ this ^^^ lol and im closer :P

2004 Ford F-150:
    HU: Panasonic CQ-C8803U
    (4) Polk MM 6x8s, (4) Kicker CVR 10s
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504
    2 runs 1/0 Welding Cable, 8awg & 14awg speaker wire, Optima YT, Custom BP 215 amp Alt, Big 3 in 1/0

TC2k15x2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I already have the location there is no lease, the building is paid for. The shop will be part of probably one of the largest convenience stores in Orlando off of Haiwassee rd. there is a 3 bay garage that all of the installs will be done in. The traffic there is insane so it should do some good business, but I also know a ton of people so ill be handing out business cards and putting ads in the paper. I was just thinking of random names and I came along SPLfreaks which sounded pretty cool but im unsure if thats already taken.

So from yalls input I understand I need to hold a variety of lower end to high end products. Im going to hire someone to build my display wall and will buy a bunch of shelves not so much for subs and speakers but for accessories. Does anyone know of machinery I should get to build enclosures. My idea is to build a bunch of premade tuned nice enclosures so im not throwing junk boxs in peoples car but will help cut install time down because I wont have to build the a box unless they ask for something custom.

Current Setup (In Progress)
    -Door Speakers- 6.5" Pioneer premier comps
    -Head unit- Eclipse AVN5435
    -Sub- RD HW 3" coils
    -Sub Amp- RD 3250.1
    -Enclosure- 5.4 cuft, tuned to 40Hz (Pioneer~Saturn)
    -Batt's- (2)YT D31
    -Stock Alt- 150A
    -More to come-

Refs: s beatz, FASTIMES, juukno, blinkdogo2, kmanian, scott s, fatboyracing, nate2587, dumpin907

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TC..... one of the best things you can do is contact Mike Hadden of Central Florida SPL and have a grand opening show.. Mike has a very good rep and alot of us attend his shows to support them when hes the judge. i guess you could call us his followers.. its also a really good way to get the business name out there.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast