Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood, JVC, or Pioneer...HELP

cheeseman0777 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Kenwood, JVC, or Pioneer...HELP

okay, i am stuck between three headunits....i am upgrading on the 26th of this month and really needs some honest opinions...here are my top three. i am thinking about going with the JVC because of the many user friendly options that it has, and i can control the crossover for the speakers from the headunit...on the other hand the kenwood has many many speaker personalization and crossover options as well....and the pioneer has just about as much audio options as the kenwood. the jvc and kenwood have varying color options which makes it a little easy to form with the stock lighting, and doesnt make it as "flashy" but the pioneer doesnt. today i spent a total of an hour and a half testing them out...and i still cant decide...i need your help.
    1. Pioneer Premiere DEH-P510UB http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ier/DEH-P510UB

2. Kenwood Excelon KDC-X693 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ivers/KDC-X693

3. JVC KD-R800 http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...thId=54&page=2

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood, JVC, or Pioneer...HELP

My vote is for the JVC. They're very straight forward, sound great, play WAV files, and are built pretty solid. I loved my AR-8500 quite a bit and was never let down by it.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

LazyRider is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the pioneer 5100ub which is pretty much the same as the premier 510 without the premier lol. I really like it. I also bought the kenwood before but never got chance to use it. Never used the JVC but I don't like the way they look personally. I would probably go with the kenwood though because I've heard great things about them. But the pioneer is really good too.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyRider View Post
    I have the pioneer 5100ub which is pretty much the same as the premier 510 without the premier lol. I really like it. I also bought the kenwood before but never got chance to use it. Never used the JVC but I don't like the way they look personally. I would probably go with the kenwood though because I've heard great things about them. But the pioneer is really good too.
    like what kinda things about kenwoods? i was really considering getting that one, but i dont like how the volume and settings switch is doubled..but thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immacomputer View Post
    My vote is for the JVC. They're very straight forward, sound great, play WAV files, and are built pretty solid. I loved my AR-8500 quite a bit and was never let down by it.
    did the illumination start to dim on it? my panasonic has alot of the buttons dimmed or burnt out....can i expect that from this?

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine didn't and I bought it used and owned it for two years before it got stolen.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immacomputer View Post
    Mine didn't and I bought it used and owned it for two years before it got stolen.
    oh okay, thanks man!

Closed Thread