Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New to car audio just set up my first system. Thoughts opinions advice?

davedude44 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to car audio just set up my first system. Thoughts opinions advice?

Alright i have spent the last 2 weeks putting my stereo system together in my car. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. The Head Unit is a Pioneer d2100 i belive is the number. It has one pre amp output. Also has ipod integration which is the reason i bought it as it came with the wire. In the front door panels i have pioneer 5.25 2 way speakers hooked up to the headunit. In the rear, My car has the rear speakers mounted in a soundbar in the ceiling. I have 6.5 pioneer 3 way speakers hooked into the headunit as well. I have a 6 guage power wire hooked up to a 4 channel amp made by crossfire. The amp says 100Wx4 meaning its a 400 watt amp? The amp is drilled into the back side of the rear seat. The amp has 2 rca inputs with ajustable gain and crossover for each. I then have a 12 inch jl audio sub in a sealed box which i drilled into the trunk with L brackets. The sub is bridged on 2 of the channels from the amp. I have the crossover set to low, and the headunit has bass on 0 mid on +2 and treble on + 5. I was thinking of amplifiying the front speakers however my headunit only has one set of outputs and one input on the amp will not power all 4 channels to my knowledge. I was thinking of getting 2 y adapters and splitting the rca's to hook into both of the inputs on the amp so i could power the sub and the front speakers. I dont know how that would turn out though or if i would lose power idk. Anyways this is my first setup any thing you have to say about it is appreciated, feedback, advice etc..

hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New to car audio just set up my first system. Thoughts opinions advice?

Just keep reading/researching.

Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

Closed Thread