Closed Thread

Reload Thread: calling all experienced SQL heads....looking for advice...

d audio 450 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

calling all experienced SQL heads....looking for advice...

i have a 99 late gen vw golf that im looking to turn into an incredible SQL Machine...
    my 3 main goals:
    1- crazy good imaging, i want my whole head to be swallowed with output from tweets, mids, woofers, and subs...

2- clarity...crystal clear clarity

3- decent volume...i want this to get loud enough, but im not gonna do any competeing or anything...nor do i wnat to damage my hearing...i want it to get loud enough so that i cant hear ANYTHING else. of course all three of these things have to be able to be done all at once...

loud, clear, and **** good imaging.

Here was my original plan:

1 viper 2500d pushing a 13w7

1 viper 500.4 pushing 2 pairs of 3way jl xrs (front and back) (with the front mids in the dash facing the windshield at an angle) and also (2) jl xr 4inch coax's fiberglassed onto the rear deck

an also a decent amount of secondskin/fatmat or w/e...

a very experienced co-worker of mine (bill weidamier(sp?)) tols me that he would probably kill the idea of the 4in coax on the rear deck, he said it would **** up the imaging and give too much rear fill...which definitley males sense...he sai that i would want to keep the speakers (tweets, mids and woofers) as close together as possible so that the overall sound would be tight...he suggested kick panels...at first i thought kick panels werent that great because a seated occupants would interfere with good sound when a passenger is sitting between u and a tweeter...but i know that bill definitley knows what hes talking about...hes ben in several magazines, and een on funk master flex's ride show (the GTI)...done allll kinds of crazy ****...sq, sql, and spl jobs.....i seen his photo album that hes got..its sick.

im looking for any input as to what i should buy...the only things i have purchased right now are the 13w7, the viper 2500d(broken, might be gettin fixed) and the 4 inch coax's...

any info.suggestions/opinions greatly appreciated...i am willing to spend as much money as i can get to get what i consider good sound.
    thanks
    -pat

mattj is offline Resonant Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: calling all experienced SQL heads....looking for advice...

Quote Originally Posted by d audio 450
    nor do i wnat to damage my hearing...i want it to get loud enough so that i cant hear ANYTHING else.
    so you DO want hearing damage?

a w7 with that viper 2500 will cause you permanent hearing damage so will them amped coaxes.

(SUMMER)
    2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

carolinaACCORD is offline AccordinglyDone.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question: why would you have your dash speakers facing the windows?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

1996 Honda Accord
    Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD
    Kicker RS5 Comps
    Kicker SSMB6 Mid bass in doors
    Kicker K4 in dash for center
    Kicker R5c in rear deck
    Kicker CVR152
    Kicker ZR460 for comps
    Coustic 600se for sub

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

well, yeah...you are going to get the best imaging from a set of components in kick panels and a nice set of midbass. Also, that sub is obviously gonna wang...i'd keep it in a sealed box. As for rear fill, i'd ditch the 3 ways for the rear and just keep the coax's for rear fill. Don't want to pull your imaging to the back like he said. Also, with the kind of sound you're wanting...i'd look into a nice equalizer...possibly 31 band PG (i think pg...not sure i'll look up the specific one soon) but good luck...it'll take a lot of time to coreectly plan this out and create good imaging. But, when ur finished it'll sound amazing. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

gunslinger is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look into Diamond audio TDX or M6 subs, Memphis Power amps, and Diamond, Dynaudio, MB Quart, Focal, Morel, front stage. Cant go wrong with this stuff.The Memphis amps are VERY clean with lots of power, The Diamond subs are AMAZING. I'm sorry to all the JL fans but I would put my TDX subs up against the W7 ANYDAY. Plus the sound quality cant be beat. As far as front stage, Dynaudio speakes for itself, Diamonds are ******, Focals are great, just look around AND.....Just because evrybody else has it doesnt mean it is the absoulte best that there is. I'm not talking sh*t on the W7 it's a great sub, I just like my Diamonds ALOT more. Good luck finding what you want. by the way look @ my signature, I got my whole system for less than $2000. Just got to stay persistant and patient. keep looking.

In the immortal word of Socrates " I drank what?"

2002 Chevy Camaro SS
    Alpine7959
    2 - Dynaudio system 240gt
    2 - Diamond TDX10 D4
    Memphis 16-MC1300d "Memphis Belle"

d audio 450 is offline Registered User

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sweet- thanks for the reply's guys the help and suggestions are def def appreciated.
    -pat

Closed Thread