Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help with my system

Piperdavid is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help with my system

Hi, My name is David. I own a 1986 Monte Carlo SS. I have all custom speaker panels designed for my car. In the front doors, i have 2 Polk 6 1/2 speakers ( 2 on each door) and in the rear i have a custom wood plate that allows 6x9's to fit back there (Polk as well) and in the rear quarter i have 5 1/2 Polk. I have 2 Kenwood subs 10". For amps i have a Kenwood and a Power Acoustic. I have completely striped the inside of the car and put a lower grade version of dynomat in the car. 2 layers on the roof, floor, behind the dash behind the back seats and the trunk. I have a Pioneer deck with 7 band eq. The front RCA jack broke so i just bought some split off RCA (1 too 2 port) and i am running all speakers of the rear speaker channel 3/4 off the head unit. Now the Problem i am having is when i turn it up loud, i get way to much highs and it is just annoying. is this because off all the dynomat i got? it just seems like the tweeters are putting out 20 more watts then every thing else. Any one have any idea's??? i tried turning down the highs on the eq but it just makes it sound muffled. PLEASE HELP.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with my system

P.s
    i am running all of my speakers at 2 oms. (2 speaker per channel)

jaymann107 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First I have got to ask to see pictures of this car, I had an 86 SS myself and man do I miss that car. Now as far as your "problem" goes it sounds like you have a little overkill for highs. First I would try adjusting the gains on your highs amp, maybe lower it a little untill you are happy. I know in my SS I only had 2 6X9's in the back and the 3.5's in the dash off of a Punch 200a4 and I was perfectly happy. Not to mention you only have 2 10" in the trunk that car is begging for some 12" or 15". Good luck and like I said I would try lowering the gain on your highs amp first and then go from there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well my amp has the low pass filter and high pass filter but you have 2 set it on low, full or hi i have it set on full and when its on full both thoughs filters arnt in play right?

Closed Thread