Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Should I give away afree roller with second skin

ifandorbuts is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should I give away afree roller with second skin

Should I give away afree roller with second skin purchases?
    I was thinking, that now that the prices have gone up on the Second SKin webite,, maybe I should offer a free roller with each purchase.

any thoughts?

ANT

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Should I give away afree roller with second skin

I think it's a good idea ... if it doesn't cost you too much money to do, go for it.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if the cost of it are minimal yeah, but i dont think ppl will start buyin more second skin cuz of that. i say there's no need to offer the free roller.
    what bout offering a free small sample of another product so if ppl really like it they'll buy it later. but again, i dont know what would cost more. good luck

davidfre21 is offline Is just a lil racist...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe not free with it but maybe a discount on it when u buy a roll?

IA FTW!!!
    Team Sundown... what?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont want to loses sales because other companies give away free stuff with their damper.
    even though the roller they give out is all plastic and breaks after 30 miniutes (according to people who have used the free roller)

I would offer a good, sturdy roller, like the one in my picture on the site.
    just not sure if that would be the deal breaker that makes people choose second skin over something else...

ANT

mattj is offline Resonant Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe you would get more sales if you offer a sturdy roller with your mat. Im sure not getting a roller detures people from buying it because they may not have it and other companies may offer it. I say throw in the free roller since prices boosted anyways.

(SUMMER)
    2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

Radar is offline Old balls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be a good idea as long as the roller doesnt cut into your net profit too much. If you do decide to go with the free roller I would be sure to point out that other companies are substandard to the roller that will be included.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aww man if he plans to give itout, i missed by a few days

(SUMMER)
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, but I really dont like basjing other companies. I try to let people buy my products because they are good, solid, proven and inexpensive (comparably)
    I would never bash or even unfairly compare my product to any other material out there.
    I hate when companies try to get sales by talking down about thier competitors. all it does is expose thier weeknesses. I am not about to do that.

ANT

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifandorbuts
    I would offer a good, sturdy roller, like the one in my picture on the site.
    just not sure if that would be the deal breaker that makes people choose second skin over something else...

ANT
    That all depends on the prices of other products. Hypothetical situation - let's say some other companies have an average equilibirum price of $100 per roll, with no roller (or a cheap roller.) If you set the price of your product at $100 but offer a sturdy roller (perhaps offer a free replacement if it's broken), then that could certainly be enough to turn people away from other products and onto Second Skin. However, if your price is above the market equilibrium, and the difference is more than what a roller would cost to buy separately - then the offer becomes pointless.

The only way to truly find out is to experiment. Sell the product for 3 months without a free roller, then sell it for 3 months with the roller. Then compare amount of sales, revenue gained, and total operating profit earned and see where you stand.

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifandorbuts
    Should I give away afree roller with second skin purchases?
    I was thinking, that now that the prices have gone up on the Second SKin webite,, maybe I should offer a free roller with each purchase.

any thoughts?

ANT
    its a good idea.i will buy your products once i get money.It seems like it would help business and it looks like a all around good idea.

Shugarra is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Granted I'm not a Business major or anything but I would think if you wanted to pick up business you should try to get into the retail market. Send free samples to car audio shops and let them try it out. I live in a smaller town (approximately 40,000 people) and we have two car audio dealerships. Neither of them carry any sound dampening stuff. As many people as there are that read these forums or similar car audio forums I'm sure there are 3-4 times as many that don't and are unsure about which sound dampening to buy or even what it is or whether or not they need it. If you had car audio shops pointing it out to people and maybe suggesting it I'm sure you could get a lot more business your way. Right now you're just trying to get the people that are looking for the stuff but are trying to decide between the many different companies out there. These people have more than likely had previous experiences or maybe friends telling them what to buy. That only leaves you with a small margin of pepole that are new to the market or had a bad experience with their last dampener and are looking for a new product. If you make people more aware of the product and what it does and maybe make it a little more easily accessible, via car audio shops or the like, you get a lot more people in the market. Even if you only get 10% of the new market initially, those people will spread the word and then they will spread it etc etc.

Maybe you do this already or maybe my vision is skewed by the fact I live in a smaller town but this is how I would do it if I were you. Good luck, and if I do end up buying dampening down the road I'll make sure it's from you =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shugarra
    Granted I'm not a Business major or anything but I would think if you wanted to pick up business you should try to get into the retail market. Send free samples to car audio shops and let them try it out. I live in a smaller town (approximately 40,000 people) and we have two car audio dealerships. Neither of them carry any sound dampening stuff. As many people as there are that read these forums or similar car audio forums I'm sure there are 3-4 times as many that don't and are unsure about which sound dampening to buy or even what it is or whether or not they need it. If you had car audio shops pointing it out to people and maybe suggesting it I'm sure you could get a lot more business your way. Right now you're just trying to get the people that are looking for the stuff but are trying to decide between the many different companies out there. These people have more than likely had previous experiences or maybe friends telling them what to buy. That only leaves you with a small margin of pepole that are new to the market or had a bad experience with their last dampener and are looking for a new product. If you make people more aware of the product and what it does and maybe make it a little more easily accessible, via car audio shops or the like, you get a lot more people in the market. Even if you only get 10% of the new market initially, those people will spread the word and then they will spread it etc etc.

Maybe you do this already or maybe my vision is skewed by the fact I live in a smaller town but this is how I would do it if I were you. Good luck, and if I do end up buying dampening down the road I'll make sure it's from you =)
    nice idea w/ sending to diff car places.theres like..300,000+ ppl near me.like 6 or 7 towns all in 50 mile radius.theres 2 main car shops over on this side of the hills and the only dampener they sell is dynamat,and its 34$ for 4 sq ft of dynamat extreme.once i buy some stfu-80,i wanna bring it to car toys and make them carry it too.most people buying dampener listen to a friend and just go by what they say.if you had more shops that carry your product and people try it then word would spread very quickly.instead of just 1 choice of dampener,they have 2 and theres always going to be one person who is curious and will find out what is up w/ it.

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Second Skin roller, that'd be awesome. gimme gimme gimme

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guess its too late to ask for a roller.

if only i waited 3 days

(SUMMER)
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835
    KnuKonceptz Wiring

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast