Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Running my old school equipment

army5 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Running my old school equipment

I yanked my system from my highschool days out of my standard cab truck and put it in my SUV.

First, this is my amp/sub hookup: RF 800a2 bridged to (2) 8 Ohm 10" Kicker Solobarics in their standard .66 cuft sealed enclosure.

Here's the situation. I actually have a 3rd 8 Ohm 10" Kicker Solobaric. If I was to run all 3 that would put the load on the amp at 2.67 Ohms. Amp specs show to only be stable at 4 Ohms when bridged.

1st) Has anyone ran this amp at this load with no problems? Is so, will the power output be high enough to push these speakers?

2nd) If no to 1, then I would suspect I need an amp with an output of around 1300-1500rms watts at 2 Ohms. As you can tell by my equipment I have been removed from car audio for almost 10 years so I'm not partial to any one vendor. With a family now, I'm not looking for a high end amp. The specs for the Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D looks like a good match at a price I can manage. I am open to other suggestions within this price range.

All thoughts, suggestions and opinions are welcomed.

Jeff

Mass Car Audio is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Running my old school equipment

Quote Originally Posted by army5 View Post
    I yanked my system from my highschool days out of my standard cab truck and put it in my SUV.

First, this is my amp/sub hookup: RF 800a2 bridged to (2) 8 Ohm 10" Kicker Solobarics in their standard .66 cuft sealed enclosure.

Here's the situation. I actually have a 3rd 8 Ohm 10" Kicker Solobaric. If I was to run all 3 that would put the load on the amp at 2.67 Ohms. Amp specs show to only be stable at 4 Ohms when bridged.

1st) Has anyone ran this amp at this load with no problems? Is so, will the power output be high enough to push these speakers?

2nd) If no to 1, then I would suspect I need an amp with an output of around 1300-1500rms watts at 2 Ohms. As you can tell by my equipment I have been removed from car audio for almost 10 years so I'm not partial to any one vendor. With a family now, I'm not looking for a high end amp. The specs for the Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D looks like a good match at a price I can manage. I am open to other suggestions within this price range.

All thoughts, suggestions and opinions are welcomed.

Jeff
    I had a old school Rockford Fosgate 250x2 and it claimed to be 4 ohm stable bridged and I had it wired to a 1 ohm load. The only thing was it got really hot but it put out quite a bit of power bridged at 1 ohm.

Bought from: tc3k101, traksta15, loudwhat?, MitchZ, Igotwire, dgaf, kalkx, mylows10, akadj, SPLaudio

Closed Thread