Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is this a good price for an install?

Nicky Pass is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this a good price for an install?

I finally have all of the pieces of the system for my F-150. I bought my Hertz HSK-165s, JL Audio Stealthbox and a PDX-5 to run everything. I already have a Kenwood DDX-514 installed. I have an appointment for everything to get put in next week....to install the Hertz with dynamat and making MDF baffles, run all of the wire for the amp, install the Stealthbox under the seat and install the amp in a board with the passive x-overs, it is going to be $525. This also comes with the policy of they un-install everything for free if I sell the truck too. Is this a good deal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: Is this a good price for an install?

It's not outrageous by any means, but with some time and <$400 in tools and materials, you could do the install yourself. That would give you more pride in your install and you'll know it was done right(and you'll know what was skipped on if it isn't installed right).

--My truck: 2007 GMC 1500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX570HD, DLS front stage, SQ3500.1, 3x RD Alpha Max 15"s in 6th order blow through, Second Skin deadening.

--Wife's car: 2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, Kenwood DNX470, GermanMAESTRO components on CT125.2, 2x AT10"s on an AT800.1, RF Deadskin deadening.

--Work truck: 2014 GMC 2500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX470, Kenwood front stage, DD M1A on a pair of American Bass XD10s.

Louisiana_CRX is online now dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

What kind of F150?

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Chin_Chilla is offline Official CA.com Bouncer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did a similar build like this for my dad in a F150 supercab just no dynamat or 6.5's + RF 360, All I charged was a 6 pack bud light lol... You could do it yourself man its very simple....Just time consuming...

REFS : trey2271, mikey7182, edzy, DUMPED, gagt518, bikinipunk, Shinju, CaliforniabOY5, GearGuy2001, Ridinhi, Davecubs14, craigzter

Off-Site Refs: atvriders.com ebay.com

●██████▅▅▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
    ▄▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    █C█H█I█N█C█H█I█L█L█A█►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

Nicky Pass is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only thing is that I like the fact that if there is an issue with the install....they have to fix it. I've put systems in cars I've owned before, but I've never owned a truck before. Another issus is that my truck has a molex clip instead of a typical rubber boot the goes from the cab to the door. Some say to use the factory wires, some say to drill in the clip...either way, I'd rather have a professional tackle something like that.

CobraStang98 is offline 450whp+ and 150dbs+

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats not too bad, i've heard of much more ridiculous prices before. Especially that if there's any problems they'll be responsible for it and when u sell the truck they'll uninstall it.

If you have the ability to do it, you can save urself plenty of money and use tht to invest more into ur system.

**2005 GMC Yukon Denali XL Supercharged + Brembos**
    -- (4) 12" MMats Juggs
    -- Atomic 7000.1
    -- (2) Irraggi 300 amp Alts -- (4) Kinetik 2400s
    -- 152.9 @ 39hz --150.1 bassrace

**2003 VW Jetta 1.8t w/ mods**
    --(2) 12" DC LVL4xl
    -- AQ 3500D @ 1ohm (soon to be 2)
    --149.3 @ 44hz 146.3 bassrace

Quote Originally Posted by 169db View Post
    if you want that thunder in your trunk or to sound like you just kidnapped king kong and stuffed him in the trunk. All my windows are tinted with shatter prof plexy coated for that support ( trust you will need them) ive shatterd many resturant windows and set off alarms in side homes.

Closed Thread