Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stereo Imaging

Fix the link chief.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A good read.

It's wise to keep the mid-woofer and tweeter as close together as possible so that the two drivers will act together as a single point source.
    Still don't agree :p

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanx, that realy explains imaging for people (like me) who dont fully understand the concept.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

maniackilla is offline cout<<"c++";

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    thanx, that realy explains imaging for people (like me) who dont fully understand the concept.
    what he said <----- that image is funny but has no meaning to my post

b0mbrman is offline il Don Baglione

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    You weren't this appreciative when I was trying to explain power handling to you

Heh heh. Just kidding

The most important thing to take away from it is that while everyone will agree on what makes for bad imaging, but many people have arrived at good imaging using different paths. A buddy of mine wins competition with an Alpine deck's time correction and his fronts in the stock door locations. Dan tells me of someone else who wins competitions with no subs and just two speakers in his whole car--a Koda comp set in a small sealed enclosure. And don't get me started on all the car audio "rules" I've broken to get the imaging I have in my S. :thumbs_up

Contour SVT
    Empty hole > Empty holes

John Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    I so wish the S2000 had at least some power below 5,000 RPM ... My GF's Sprint feels more powerful under 5,000 RPM :p

That being said, 6k-9k RPM is SOOOOOOO much fun
    Heh heh...You'll never hear me complaining about it

I personally like the split personality of the S. I get the quiet engine and fuel efficiency of a Civic around town but I can still rip it on any windy, canyon road or coastal highway

If only these crazy insurance payments were as low as a Civic's also

Contour SVT
    Empty hole > Empty holes

John Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    I so wish the S2000 had at least some power below 5,000 RPM ... My GF's Sprint feels more powerful under 5,000 RPM :p

That being said, 6k-9k RPM is SOOOOOOO much fun
    one word, Torque. Something s2k doesnt have. Why u think its called the torqueless monster. Lol.

(i know it does have torque but it is so much less than the hp thus why its called torquless monster)

-Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I sure wish I had some torque. 0-60 in 5.1 seconds in way too slow

Contour SVT
    Empty hole > Empty holes

John Edwards

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if i were u bomberman i would sell the integra, save up some $$$ and get a comptech blower for the S2G. its funny how a post on stereo imaging got turned into a thread on how a S has no real bottom end. Now lets touch on the other 2 jap sports cars in its price range. the RX-8 suffers from the same problem, mazda should have gone turbo. Nissan should make a vq35dett or a revamped version of the good ole' vg30dett with a little more displacement so the 350Z can be the twin turbo terror it should be. I wish i had my own car company. everything would be turbo. the 4 bangers single, the V engines twin turbo and the supercar would have a triple turbo inline 6. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nismboy6986
    if i were u bomberman i would sell the integra, save up some $$$ and get a comptech blower for the S2G. its funny how a post on stereo imaging got turned into a thread on how a S has no real bottom end. Now lets touch on the other 2 jap sports cars in its price range. the RX-8 suffers from the same problem, mazda should have gone turbo. Nissan should make a vq35dett or a revamped version of the good ole' vg30dett with a little more displacement so the 350Z can be the twin turbo terror it should be. I wish i had my own car company. everything would be turbo. the 4 bangers single, the V engines twin turbo and the supercar would have a triple turbo inline 6. LOL
    I don't really compare it to cars that aren't convertibles because, well, being able to remove your roof is just that much fun .

If I wanted a lot more low end, the quickest way for me to get it would be a gear swap--switching to a ratio of 4.44 which some guys have already done...not me though. When I take my S to the canyons, there aren't a lot of other cars that can keep up and that's really what I use it for

If I wanted a car for drag racing, I would just bought a Camaro or a Mustang or something...

Also, you'll be happy to hear that your car company kinda exists; Saab is a company with the philosophy that having a turbo in every car should be a normal thing

Furthermore, I assume a Saab would have good stereo imaging? (just to keep this conversation on topic )

Oh yeah, and the Integra was the best "mod" I ever got for the S2000. Yes, driving it is still fun during rush hour on the way to work but it's not worth it to put all those miles on it and drive it 30 miles an hour
    Last edited by b0mbrman; 09-21-2003 at 02:14 PM.

Contour SVT
    Empty hole > Empty holes

John Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b0mbrman
    If I wanted a lot more low end, the quickest way for me to get it would be a gear swap--switching to a ratio of 4.44 which some guys have already done...not me though. When I take my S to the canyons, there aren't a lot of other cars that can keep up and that's really what I use it for

If I wanted a car for drag racing, I would just bought a Camaro or a Mustang or something...

Oh yeah, and the Integra was the best "mod" I ever got for the S2000. Yes, driving it is still fun during rush hour on the way to work but it's not worth it to put all those miles on it and drive it 30 miles an hour
    i agree, its nice to know someone thinks that theres something more to a car then who wins in a drag race. Sure a rustang could smoke my little 318 in a drag race but when my friends drive me around in theyr GT's and grand prix's and crap like that it doesnt impress me one bit.
    Also if ur car is new, u probly would wana keep ur warranty. so not doing engine mods would make sense.

-im suprised the s2k does a 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. That seems, a little fast?

-Eclipse cd8053

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

JMAC that is a great post, that should be pinned for future refference for noobs when they are curious and want us to better explain front stage and the like.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's your link:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=5

Here's a shot of it next to a 350z

And now back to stereo imaging. In the article he remarks that to keep the bass up front, you should low pass your trunk-mounted sub as low as possible. I've always wondered how much of an improvement in imaging I'd see in keeping all of the bass up front.

At home, I definitely prefer the MTM (2.5-way) for music-listening and leave the sat-sub setup for home theater. As I don't watch movies in my car, I wonder if a speaker setup that was more of a point (or line) source would hold the same advantages.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by b0mbrman; 09-21-2003 at 05:42 PM.

Contour SVT
    Empty hole > Empty holes

John Edwards

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so i'm guessing the 'teg has a bunch of performance mods. they do make a convertable Z, yes saab has my idea of every car bieng boosted but i just couldn't picture myself wanting to buy a saab. actually a triple turbo set-up would have the exact opposite of turbo lag as long as u use 3 small turbines say T-25's or something. it would reach full boost at a retardedly low rpm. I still would blow the S after the warranty was up if money would permit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bomberman - nice article. those NSX's are hella $$$ dang. They said both of em do 4.9 sec. 0-60's. I dont know i stilll find it hard to believe that the s2k is doing a 0-60 in 4.9 sec.'s whats the 1/4 mile time?

-Eclipse cd8053

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast